Rossi Sunset Begins

Discussion in 'General' started by 92excel, Jun 5, 2010.

1. lennyzrx

lennyzrx Well-Known Member

depending on DeAnglises contract in moto 2, maybe something. Fiat is Italian!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Contracted to Yamaha Japan. Only Colin is Tech 3.

3. lennyzrx

other sponsers are involved! stickers could be added and I'm up for it. Also the rookie year thing and I don't know how that plays out?

contract's are contract's! we will know soon enough! DeAnglise being Italian would be up on Fiats list! Fiat brings the $$$ not Yamaha! Then again contracts!

4. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

TC only has an effect on drive grip (the rear spinning from acceleration)... it can do nothing if the tire loses lateral grip (a perpendicular slide when the bike is tipped in)

5. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

In addition to Biaggi, Checa and Corser are getting up there too and still fast. Plus, and I know it's not the same series or nothing, but some of the really fast guys that ride the TT are late 30s...McGuinness, Plater, Anstey, Amor, Rutter.

6. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

7. lennyzrx

very true. Careers seem to last longer in all sports nowadays. Still reaction times and other physical things take place with age.

I look back at work free climbing steel in my late 20's no harness, not tied off.

At 52 I wear a harness and lanyard, ( we have to now) not as sure footed as my younger day's for sure. I think around 46-47 I noticed decline as far as my simple work goes.

Hard to say in a fast paced motorsports world. Really like I said it most likely depends on the person.

8. Qwikk

Qwikk Well-Known Member

i dont care what anybody says, the guy shows up for his home race with a "war mohawk" and highsides in morning practice.........he was out for blood and a battle this weekend......it was win or bin it time.......i like his style, although the outcome was unfortunate. I'm sure he'll be back, racing is all he knows.

Either way spies is gonna put everybody in their place next year anyways regardless of what rossi, lorenzo or anybody else has to say about it. :D

9. got40

got40 On hiatus...

That is a very interesting difference that I had never thought about. I never saw the vid from Lorenzo's massive highside in China last year; I wonder if it was something similar?

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Spies has a contract with Yamaha that is bigger than his Tech3 deal. Also, Yamaha has to put a rider on the bike. A team is only allowed to sit out 2 races per bike...they have to find a rider. So, wouldn't it make sense to put Spies on that bike since Rossi is out for the rest of the season, and find a replacement for the Tech3 bike?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IIRC, the rules prohibit a rookie from riding for a factory team.

I could be mistooken.

12. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

Lorenzo's HS was exiting the corner...Rossi was entering.

13. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

Lorenzo's big highsides at China and Laguna were both off-throttle highsides...

14. Reportedly, Rossi was cruising in the sector before the crash so that he could get some open track, so the crash was possibly due to cold tires.

15. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

120 mph through that section is definitely not cruising, but yeah the tires were cold as he decided to back of cause he didn't want to tow barbera

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Looked to be an off throttle highside. similar to Lorenzos a few years ago with the famous pictures of him flipping through the air.

They seem rare, but REALLY violent when they happen.

17. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I really have to wounder about all the advancements in tires and electronics starting to catch riders out, Look at Spies crash last race, loosing the rear entering a turn, and the front end crashes from Stoner, and other crashes where they just seem odd. This crash from Rossi and the one from Spies last week in practice look like cold tire crashes, but caused by the rear loosing traction maybe because of how the electronics control engine breaking? Just thinking. kind of reminds of a slipper clutch not slipping and locking the rear up, wihich I think is controled on the GP bikes by the electronics?

18. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Spies on the Fiat, Hayes on the Tech 3. Be cool if he at least got wild card rides at Laguna and Indy. I bet Herrin would do a damn good job also. And seeing Spies and Mladin off the gas past the esses to turn 6 at Road Atl made me think the traction control is working on deceleration. The bikes were making some wild noises. Not that traction control was legal then in AMA.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  19. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

20. Don't tell mom

Don't tell mom Well-Known Member

Okay, sounds like we need a pool on when he will be back.

Just sayin...:up: