1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Keep fighting brother!

2. RRR

RRR Well-Known Member

Keeping fighting

Zac,

Keep pushing forward, your progress is GREAT! Thanks ZacsMom for the updates.

3. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Go Zac! You are an inspiration to so many of us. More prayers coming your way brother.

4. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

keep fighting bro..!!!

5. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

thinking of you .. keep fighting :)

6. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

Truly an inspiration. Continued thoughts and prayers.. Reading this for this long has taught me to be thankful for each and everyday....Continue to feel our energy many are thinking of you everyday..

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

My thoughts are with Zac every day!

8. the mother

the mother Love my 250

It's so good to hear he is improving each day and that he keeps fighting each and everyday to get better. I will keep sending prayer's for Zac and your family. Keep up the good work Zac. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.....

9. Have a great weekend Zac! Keep on getting better!!!

10. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Well, it seems that the Courtyards won't take Zac back while he is on antibiotics this time. So, the choices are 1) he stays in the hospital the remainder of the course of his antibiotics, which is until the 13th 2) possibly going to an LTAC like he was in before when he first came back to Texas 3) returning to Baylor in Dallas if they will accept him on antibiotics.
    Zac does not like being in the hospital, so this is not his first choice. All along this journey when God seems to be shutting one door, He is actually opening another door. Zac and I talked about how this may be God shutting a door to guide him through the next door.

11. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Zac needs to follow his heart and his faith and do what is best. I will keep him in my prayer's and your family. please keep us updated. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU....

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Mam,

You got yourself one tough kid there.

God bless you and him.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Zac,

It is a long road, but you are going to get through this. You have so many, many people who are behind you 110%, due in part to the faith and determination of yourself and your family.

The WERA BBS has some pretty tough characters who frequent it...but I'll bet there is not a single one who does not have a soft spot in their heart for you and your family.

May God bless you many times over, and help you to face and overcome any obstacle placed in your path...just as you have done and just as you will continue to do.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You guys hang in there. Lots of us out here are pulling for you. You both are very inspiring.

15. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

I'm just posting these for Jenny, I'm sure she has her hands full:

6-7

The person from BIR came to assess Zac today. She will not have an answer for us until tomorrow if BIR will take Zac while he is still on the antibiotics. We already know they want him back, it's just if they will take him while he is getting the I.v. antibiotics.

Zac is not doing as well today. They switched his sleeping meds and gave him Ambien. He is not moving as well today and he is "hung over". His heart rate is also up. Not one of his better days

Ok, after Zac spiked a temp of 103, they did a repeat chest xray and a CT scan of the chest. Lungs look good, heart looks good. So, they determined that a (i.v.) line that was put in his right groin area, that has been in there since he came in through ER, has been in too long and was a risk for infection. It was removed today. They feel this is what caused his fever and other problems today.

6-8

Zac is still running a temp and not feeling well. Baylor has said they will gladly take him back when he is finished with his antibiotics. So, looks like Zac will be in the hospital through Sunday. The plan is for Zac to return to the Courtyards so that we can take him back to Dallas to see his neurosurgeon. Zac still does not have any movement on the right side of his face.

We need the neurosurgeon to tell us if there is something that can be done to fix this. If there is something (surgery) that can be done, we need him to tell us if it is something that SHOULD be done or should be waited on. If there is nothing that can/should be done now, Zac will return to BIR in Dallas. Please pray with us for God's guidance in all of these matters!!!

If anyone can help stay some with Zac, there is a great need for this. Please call me or text me.

via Jenny

16. zacsmom

Yuliya,
    Thank you so much for posting from my facebook page for me!
    Zac is still in the hospital and has been transferred to a different building/room so that he can get a little more attention. His Dad is the one that is requesting the help sitting with Zac. I am still working 3 days a week and then spending 2 days a week during the day with Zac. Thank all of you for your continued well wishes, prayers, and support. It gives Zac and I encouragement :)

17. the mother

the mother Love my 250

God is with you Zac he has bought you this far keep fighting and praying. Keep up the good work. GOD BLESS YOU ZAC AND YOUR FAMILY

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Jenny, thank you so much for all the updates on Zac. We are thinking of him, and You every single day.

19. zacsmom

Zac is still "hanging in the hospital". Although he is pretty tired of being in the hospital, he is doing better and is making great progress towards getting that trach out! He has been tolerating the speaking valve so well that today the lung Dr. said that his trach could be capped.
    Capping his trach makes Zac breath through his mouth and nose only. If he can continue to tolerate his trach being capped, he will be close to having his trach removed. However, this does not mean that he is safe to eat or drink yet. His swallowing will still have to improve, but if he is this close to getting the trach out, he should be closer to a Wendy's frosty :)

Attached Files:

20. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Continued prayers sent! Keep fighting!