1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzle, May 23, 2010.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Will be there tuesday for trackday...

2. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Weather forecast for the weekend is going in the dumper...upper 60's to low 70's with rain likely on Friday, possible on Saturday. It's been in the 80's for something like a week...go figure.

Still, it's only Tuesday and this is Wisconsin...the forecast is likely to change at least 3 times before Friday. Then there's the Sheboygan Vortex factor...

3. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I remember the '04 PGA (I think) being at Whistling Straights. It was mid 80s and sunny in the whole of Wisconsin. The course was in the 40s or 50s and windy and rainy. WTF.

4. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

RA added a very very large garage at the end of the pits...I'm guessing it's for the Nascar boys in a couple weeks...Also some inner gators in many corners.

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Inner gators?

I wanted to try really hard to make this, but can't due to work.

Will be up there at the end of the month for trackdays and racing however.

6. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Example corner 6....Semi-gator strips?
    [​IMG]

7. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

But 6 is a left, the big problem is with rights...:Poke:

8. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

That looks sketchy...

RA's rumble strips are scary enough as they are, those things don't make them look much better.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Those look okay, they're to keep cars from cutting the corners and tearing things up - which keeps the track in better shape for bikes.

10. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I need to take you up on this at Mid-Ohio, have wanted to check it out for a while.

11. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Not bad, but from the pic...looks like someone was lucky to not lose a puck.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They should float over those no problem.

13. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

:up:

14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Like Mongo said, those look good. Do a search for the issue concerning gator bumps at VIR. That will show you what bad ones look like.

15. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

See you there!

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Went to Road America last weekend. Almost 1100 miles round trip but well worth the time and gas (other than the three hours it took to get through Chicago during rush hour).

What an awesome facility! If you like to go fast on a motorcycle this is the place to do it. Three long straights that go on and on, and not even too bad in the wet. Rode over some of the gators (see above) and lived to talk about it.

I guess Wera doesn't race up that way. Have they ever gone there in the past?

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yeah we won a 4-hour WERA National Endurance Series race there in 1981. It rained 3 out of the 4 hours. That's when I learned how good real rain tires are!

18. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

my 1st real race was there with wera in 81

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So that's when the love connection was made? :D

20. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

I think WERA needs to make their way back!