1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowest Rearsets

Discussion in 'General' started by Bonzai, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai Bringing up the rear.

Hi there,

Was wondering if any of the aftermarket rearsets can lower the pegs lower than stock pegs?

Yeah, yeah, a bit reverse of what they are intended to do, but i'd rather be the old man on the track instead of watching on the sidelines.

i heard that you can take Vortex rearsets and mount the block upside down on the other side to lower the pegs? Anybody wanna try it on their bike for me?

Mine is 05 GSX-R 1000.

Thanks in advance gang.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

You better mount the oem folding pegs to it, or you are going to grind out and wind up on your head. I'd rethink it.

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Yes you can do it with the vortex rearsets.

4. Bonzai

You assume that I can get leaned over that far to touch pegs.

This is me on my old 600 at my fastest, I've got a little leadway for peg clearance, lol ...

[​IMG]

5. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Don't look bad in the pic. I would be careful lowering them any substantial amount.

6. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

if you hang off more, the bike will be more upright & ground clearance isn't as much of an issue.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Stick with stock.

And, good on ya for getting out there!:beer:

8. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

if you get near curbing or off camber, even st that angle you will drag them

9. 418

418 Expert #59

FYI, on my '07 GSX-R1K I don't see how flipping the block upside down would be a advantage. It doesn't really even seem possible? I do think aftermarket rear sets could give you lower position than stock.

One thing you might want to try is putting some foam on the seat to raise your riding position and take some angle out of your knees?

10. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

A friend of mine uses Buell XB footpegs on his SV1k, they are about 3/4" lower than stock and only cost like $25.

11. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Check with this guy

http://proluxracing.com/

I am not sure if he makes some for your model yet or not, but his adjustment plates adjust both higher and lower...... as well as farther back too I think, than vortex.

12. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

have you ever thought about building the seat up a little to get that seat to peg distance where its more comfortable? Yea Yea I know its throws weight distribution and CG out of whack and gets you up in the air stream but it beats levering the rear wheel off the ground.

13. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

don't do this if you are track riding. i could understand for a touring trip across america or something, but if you're gonna track it at least leave it at stock height.

14. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Get some highway bars.
    J/K

15. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Quit bein a bitch a get new hips already! ;)

16. Bonzai

Thats my problem, I've got bone-on-bone in my right hip. I can get my knee about 2 inches off the tank. Damn arthritis and so many years of playing hockey and dirt bike wrecks and too much sex and ...

Well ...

17. Bonzai

Yeah, i did that mod on my Zx-14, helped a lot. will research if nothing else comes up.

18. Bonzai

Can't, gotta pay off the penis enlargement first Tuna. :) Wife's priorities comes before mine.

On a serious note, United Healthcare says too young and not severe enough. My walking is not affected (yet). But I told them ... "You should see me walk after 200 miles at INDE." :)

And of course riding doped up aint an option.

19. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

^^^BWAHAHAHAH.....

my father had a similar problem.....he got some clip ons that raised his riding position just a bit.....heli or held....anyways and he just fabricated a block that moved the whole rearset down about an inch....worked for him and he is 64....bastard is so old i think he is the last surviving passenger of the TITANIC sinking.

20. twilkinson3

twilkinson3 see god...brake....

Not all of the vortex kits can be flipped over - look at the plates for your specific model and if the attachment points are symetrical (suzuki models for instance) you can flip them over, if not (03 cbr 600rr) you would have to have plates made to lower the rearsets - good news is a moderately competent machine shop should be able to produce those for 50-60 bucks, so the vortex kits can do what you are looking for, just depends on what you are willing to invest - but as stated watch the ground clearance