1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Bowl in NYC?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, May 25, 2010.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Go GIANTS!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

No shit?

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

If the Giants / Jets / Pittsburgh were in it... you'd see the most absurd scalped ticket prices ever!!!!

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

In 2012 the Colt's will have home field advantage for the Superbowl!

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

It's actually going to be at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Be prepared. Lock your stuff up now.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

And the Vince Lombardi Trophy will get stolen.

By Ray Hymer.

8. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I thought the NFL wouldn't have a Superbowl where cold/snow could adversely affect the outcome. This is a mistake IMO.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

this is how football is meant to be played...in any weather...games like the NYG vs Packers or Pats vs Raiders and the tuck rule make the games memorable in weather...

go GMen!!

10. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Plenty of NFL Championship games were played in adverse conditions "back in the day".

What is more epic and memorable, playoff/title games like the Packers v Giants or the Packers v Cowboys Ice Bowl where its waaaaaay below zero, or a game played in Miami where its 82?

11. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I think it is a mistake. I like 82 degrees

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If it is too cold for you stay home! That means cheaper ticket prices for the rest of us.:D

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Exactly.
    Apparently that is part of the deal these days in order to get a new stadium built.

14. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

If you can get Super Bowl tickets for $1400 I'd like to buy some!

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

+100 :beer:

16. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

It's about time. Football is played in all weather, no reason why they can't play the super bowl in a northern climate. Because the fans might be too cold? Screw them, if they are football fans they wouldn't care. All cities should be able to host the big game, do it on a rotating basis.

17. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

Great. Come January 2014 not only do I get to hear everyone talk about football and look at me like I'm from Mars when I tell them I don't like it, now the game itself is going to invade my city.

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Dude, you have no idea. Playoff games for GB even affect Milwaukee. Enjoy the madness!

19. billryan

billryan Member

The game should be played in the following cities and to hell with the weather its football.

-Washington,Baltimore,Green Bay,Chicago,New York, Kansas City, etc.

If your city has a lot of football history you deserve a superbowl in your town, period.

20. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

I'm all for football in the elements, but NY in February is ridiculous. It could be -30F. Weather is guaranteed to be a factor in that game. It would cease to be about who is the best team in those conditions.

If northern cities want a SB, build a dome.