1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every dog has her day

Discussion in 'General' started by SpongeBob WeaselPants, Apr 15, 2003.

1. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Keta, my oldest Husky, has been chasing squirrels in the back yard all her life. Yesterday she finally nailed one, came in through the pet doors and presented it to my wife and son (it was still kicking). The two panicked and Keta ran back outside, finished it off and returned with her trophy.

Talk about tenacious, she's up there with Wile E. Coyote: that dog chased squirrels for 13 years till she got one. She's killed possums, birds, ground hogs, tangled with raccoons and off-ed the neighbors cat... but this was her first squirrel. I let her gloat in the victory and rip the legs off before I trashed the carcass.
    :clap:

2. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

Bring her over, I have a few neigborhood cats she could 'play' with. :D

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Send her over to Huffdaddy's house. He really needs to have his tunes back while he's working in the shop, but those damn squirrels keep chewing through the speaker wire! :eek:

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

my dog is the same way. squirells, possums, you name it. until recently she tangled with a raccoon at 3:00 am. {got her ass squarely kicked} and, i live in the middle of town.

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

I had feed corn in my van (for the squirrels no less) and rats got in and chewed through the alarm system wiring

6. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Both Husky's got into it with a pair of racoons, and got me in the middle. I slammed one with a three-cell mag lite and it shook it off and charged again.

Three of us agaisnt two 'coons--it was a draw. :D

(After that night I kept a loaded 22 by the back door until my son moved in--that's right, left-wing liberal, animal rights, save the whales Eric turned KILLER--I WANTED BLOOD AND MANGLED PELTS).

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Man, now I'm REALLY glad I got out of Ohio! :eek: :D

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Y'all got wussy pets. My dad's cat, Lumpy, was 22 lbs at his fighting weight and he regularly stared down all kinds of raccoons. They wanted no part of him. :D

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

that's true. until you corner one. ;)

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eric, did you're dog use an ACME rocket cycle or an ACME harpoon?

11. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Remember that picture of Wile on a bicycle with a rocket strapped to his back? I want to use that as my racing logo "Coyote Racing... never wins, never quits" :D

Actually Keta used my credit card & mail ordered the "Acme Squirrel Catcher" kit.

12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

you wanna dog that will beat a racoon? get a jack russell! i have never seen a racoon go nuts but i would have a hard time believing it would beat my jack russell. it goes completely insane and will attack ANY dog, it knows no fear and will fight to the death. those dogs are loyal to a fault.

13. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

The jack russell would do fine right up until it cornered the 'coon. those things will whip dogs bred to hunt them. don't ever let you dog chase a 'coon into the water! The only dog that I've ever seen be successful against a coon was the kind that came in a pack and with a guy with a gun. Even then, the odds seem to be in the favor of the coon!

And, BTW, unless you don't really like your dog, don't let him mess with a coon it spots roaming around during the day. Either they are veeeery hungry or sick, most likely the later.

14. SpongeBob WeaselPants

one of those walked up to me in the woods one day, I grabbed the dogs and got the hell away in a hurry.

As far as mean? they look so cute in the cartoons and nature shows, but DAMNATION do they fight. My little Husky is the real killer of the pair, she wouldn't back down and neither would the coons. They hava a short neck that isn't vulnerable. Nicki'd get them by the neck from behind and try her "shake & break" routine over & over; all that happened was she her butt kicked.

15. SpongeBob WeaselPants

My dog can beat up you dog :D:D:D

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well, when i went outside to break it up, the coon was on it's hindquaters swatting my dog like a boxer. in-between swats was gnashing it's teeth. both of my dogs were attacking it, but the killer dog got it's ass kicked the most. when i swatted them all with a broom, the little critter shimmied up a tree, and stayed there until 2:00 the next day. then he methodically came down. the whole thing was a trip.

17. Shane Hucks

Shane Hucks Active Member

My pit bull tangled with a coon once, didnt last too long before i had a coon tail to show off. She had the thing torn all to pieces, pretty nasty actually. Just cant beat the pit dogs.

18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!

Brad and Eric talked to each other and they did not insult each other!!:wow: :poke:

Some one tell Laurie Acree to come back! The WERA BBS is becoming a kinder, gentler place! ;) :D

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

This is true. I've got two Jacks, one a 30 lb monster refered to as a Parson's Jack Russell and a 14 lb bitch that is a finer example of the breed. They are great dogs!! Very protective of my wife and daughter.

One of the funniest things I've seen was when the little 14 lb bitch went after a HUGE Rottweiller that was agreesive to almost all dogs in the park. . . the rott backed down even though one bite would have easily killed my dog. Another a day I turned to see the little one clamped onto the face of a full size weimeraner (sp?) and being swung around as the weimeraner tried to shake her off for about 10 seconds before she let go. I thought i might have to pay a vet bill for the stitches but the other dog had started it as it turned out. She's great with people though.

But they've only got 3 squirels and one cat between them.

JACKS RULE!!

Rodger

Last edited: Apr 15, 2003
  20. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

"Brad and Eric talked to each other and they did not insult each other!! oke: "

Thats b/c Brad is focusing his evil energy on me now that he realized I'm cuter and funnier than him.

:D :D :p :p

Rodger