1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playoff Hockey

Discussion in 'General' started by Cawk Star, Apr 19, 2010.

1. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Yeah with the Blackhawks playing better on the road maybe not having home ice advantage is good. All I have to say is this has been a great year for hockey in Chicago finally! One thing even better is the Hawks arwe so young this could be a start of something for years to come. Thank goodness old man Wirtz passed away its been the best thing that has ever happened to the hawks!

2. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Sorry about your boys Mook, but it has only been a year since they won the Cup so I'm not feeling TOO bad for ya.

But hey, it was like Xmas in April watching the CRAPITOLS go down to the Habs and I noticed that I didn't see anyone heading for the exits in third period in Pitt last night even though they were down a couple of goals.

Thanks for the Flyers sentiments. They have shown a ton of heart just to get the series to a 7th game. I think they would match up against Montreal better than the Bruins. Guess we will know after tomorrow night!

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

He was only trying to protect his wallet.....err..... I mean season ticket holders. I miss the Wirtz cartoons in the Sun-Times.

4. greenguy

greenguy Well-Known Member

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Flyers got a battle on their hands...

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

that was a good game at the end. FLYERS!

7. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Flyers made history last night, wow. They showed more heart than even I thought they were capable of. You can almost here crickets chirping when you click on this in this thread now days. Bruins, Pens, Caps fans, where did you go? Golfing with your teams? :Poke:

On a side note to all the people who like to bash Philly fans for their bad behavior, the Boston fans didn't do themselves proud last night with the display after the game ended by throwing all the crap on the ice.

Good luck to the Habs, Blackhawks, Sharks and their fans. 8 more wins and one us will be Cup champs. That being said....

GO FLYERS!!!:up:

8. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I don't do golf.

I did buy a little project bike to drown my sorrows in, however.

9. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

thats always a good plan!!

10. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Oh boy...what did you do?

11. Sacko DougK

GO HAWKS!!!!

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Flyers definitely had the most heart in that series and they deserved the win.

BTW, Philly fans are still terrible. It that had been the Flyers blowing that kind of series and game lead the Flyers fans would have been ripping seats up and throwing them on the ice. :D

13. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

We have special seats in Philly that are Phan proof. :D

Halak just got chased but I'm not sure how to feel about that. Same thing happened in their last 2 series and we know how those turned out. Don't you Craps and Pens. :D

14. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Been to many a hockey game. Flyer fans are fun. Never had problem and my wife is a Devils Fan. Ranger fans are way worse than any Flyers Fans and Jet Fans are the worst of all next to those soccer hooligans in Europe. I love my team but, it's only a game.

Go Flyers!

15. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Back to back shut outs and Halak looks mortal finally. Now we need the split in Montreal. Still looking for the rest of the hockey fans that were here when their teams were alive. Don't tell me you don't watch anymore just because your team is out. Hockey is at its best in the playoffs.

Go Flyers! 6 to go.

16. Sacko DougK

Flyers vs Montreal = Consulation Round

Chicago vs San Jose = Stanley Cup

17. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

Exactly.

#7 vs #8 seed..

#1 vs #2 seed..

Help me understand this?

I have tickets to the cup if the Sharks pull their heads out of their ass and figure out how to beat the Blackhawks. Not looking very favorable though.

18. Sacko DougK

Given the Hawks playoff record so far, I'm just hoping the Hawks can pull at least one home game win. Two would be perfect.:D

19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

The Hawks have certainly looked to be the better team thus far... :(

20. Sacko DougK

That's only because they are playing so strong on the road. The real test will be friday when they are at home. They have played like ass in their own stadium so far in the playoffs.