1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJMP Lightning with Absolute Cycle May 22 & 23, 2010

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Suburbanrancher, May 12, 2010.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I had such a good time last week @ Lightning with the Absolute riders that I'm really looking forward to getting back there at the end of the month. Absolute has the track booked over the weekend of May 22 & 23; it should be another excellent couple of days with plenty of tracktime and coaches on hand for anyone looking to build their skills :up:

And rumor has it Rubberchicken will be there, which means we can all kick him in the shin.

2. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

See you there for both days Chris!
    :beer:

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

If you can catch him :Poke:

4. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I'll be there. :)

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Oh, that's easy. I just set a trap with Fig Newtons and a Playboy magazine from 1968 and he's as good as caught.

6. froggert

froggert Well-Known Member

i'm all over it like a fat kid on cake.

7. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

8. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

Ill be there both days:up: first TD's of the season. looking forward

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Nom, nom, nom...bewbies! Nom, nom...

OWWW, why you kickin' my shins?

Bish

10. 2001chromo

2001chromo Well-Known Member

We'll be there again for this coming weekend. Had a blast last time with Absolute and looking forward to this coming weekend. C'mon good weather!

11. MD

MD New Member

I wish I could say the same. Last summer at an NJMP Absolute track day I was buzzed by a rider coach and nearly taken out in the beginner run group:confused:. My buddy who was in the expert group was chopped off by another rider at the apex while exiting the chicane. He went into a low side and broke his foot clear in half. His bike needless to say was wrecked. Due to this injury he lost his day job to boot. Neither of us will EVER do a track day with absolute period. I would also never let any of my friends do a track day with this organization.
    Sorry when I saw this post I just could not hold back. I do hope things have changed for the better (SAFER ) with this club. I say this with all honesty, after all this is JUST a track day and NOT a race day. Lets all be safe.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  12. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

MD Welcome to WERA

Absolute is one of the safest organizations around.

We deal with issues that are brought to our attention within minutes

Like I have said before we cannot control a riders actions 100% only set a rule structure that are strictly enforced and since the change it has.

So, yes there are always problems to deal with on any given day, and it is unfortunate that something has to happen sometimes to find out who or what that situation is...This happens in everyday life, so it happens at a trackday as well...

Thanks for the first day registration, and first post to hash old news that has been addressed, and will continue to be addressed if it occurs again...

I always wish and pray for a perfect day, Trying to find a manufacturer to produce a leash for all the riders...

Let me point out as well

Absolute only books 35 riders per group,
    gives free schools to riders rookie, to advanced
    The best coaching staff and ratio as low as 5:1 sometimes
    And a "hands on approach" from the owner of the organization...so far 100% attendance...

13. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

I've had nothing but good times w/ Roy and the gang from Absolute. They run a solid day and do everything in their power to keep it safe. I'll be there both days supporting Roy since he's always supporting racers.

Weird that you just signed up on the board and your 1st post was a flame:down:

14. suspect74

suspect74 Well-Known Member

I'll be there this weekend as well. I've had all positive experiences with Absolute.

15. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I'll be out there, Fig Newtons and Playboy in hand.

16. Dan87

Dan87 Member

is it too late to register for this? can't tell whether its all booked up or not.

17. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

18. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

Awesome weekend guys:up: Cant wait till next time.

19. GLantern

GLantern Well-Known Member

Very well run days Roy! Great work!

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

it is true that there was a 6 bike pileup in turn one?