1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got everything ready now i need a track day

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by dangerousdan, May 10, 2010.

1. dangerousdan

dangerousdan Well-Known Member

ok ive finally got everything ready. i was going to go to mid ohio may 11 with nesba but its raining all day.

ok so where should i go now to get started in this track day/racing thing. im in detroit michigan. really looking for some help.

nesba is in alton VA on may 13th. its listed as skill enhancement day B. which im not sure if that is for a first timer or not.

2. jdwilliamson33

jdwilliamson33 Well-Known Member

you have three track wilth in a few hours of you
    Mid Ohio
    Grahtaan (not sure how you spell it)
    Nelson ledges
    Beaver Run

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Look on mid ohio website they got a bunch of dates on there. Iam going june 7th if ur going to be there let me know. Iam from lexington and only live about 10mins from the track, so if you need something while your there let me know and ill see what i can do for ya.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Gingerman is just over 3 hours (more or less depending on where in Detroit you are). The other track in Michigan is spelled Grattan. I think Beaverun is closer to 4 hours not 3 from Detroit.

Under 6 hours would get you to Autobahn CC in Joliet IL, and Putnam Park, IN as well. STT is at ABCC for Memorial Day weekend coming up.

5. CycleWorx Inc.

CycleWorx Inc. Well-Known Member

Putnam park, May 30th. It is not being put on by Nesba but it will be a fun day and Putnam is an easy track to learn on. Commonwealth Ducati is putting it on. I started a thread about it here. I think there may be a linky for you if you want to give it a shot.

6. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I highly recommend doing your first day with Sportbike Track Time. They're at Gingerman this Sunday, the 16th & are at Grattan on June 5&6. STT's novice school sets the industry standard for trackday instruction and offers the best bang for the buck, anywhere. After you've done a few dates, try some of the other clubs and see what suits you best. Have fun! :up:

7. dangerousdan

dangerousdan Well-Known Member

8. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

The skill enhancement day at VIR with NESBA would be great for you. You will receive a lot more personal attention than at a regular NESBA day. There will be a lot of control riders there to help you. All you have to do is ask. I also heard there will be 2 special guest instructors there. Plus VIR is an awesome track. Here is some more info http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=13296

9. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

VIR is also a 12 hour drive from his home in Detroit.. its a bit far to drive for one's first trackday. :crackead:

10. firecat

firecat Well-Known Member

NESBA will also be at Road America on June 1st and 2nd and Putnam on June 12th and 13th. The NESBA Beginner group is an awesome place to have your first trackday. NESBA offers a classroom type setting to answer questions and offer coaching in addition to all the on track instruction you will receive.

11. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

Why avoid it due to rain, we were out at Heartland Park Topeka in the rain all day Monday May 10th......great for skills and smoothness.