1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat tracker classifieds?

Discussion in 'General' started by matd, May 10, 2010.

1. matd

matd This aint no party.

Could someone point me to a good source for purchasing a flat track racing motorcycle? I'd like to start educating myself and possibly grab one this coming winter.

Tired of being a spectator.:D

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

PM Mr. Boost-fade.

3. matd

matd This aint no party.

I knew there were several dirt-balls on here. Their screen names just weren't coming to me very easy. Thanks!

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

or Tdub

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you just starting out you might want to start on a small bike like a Honda xr100....ask me how I know!!!

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

7. matd

matd This aint no party.

Cincinnati, OH.

Thanks!

Razr, I don't need to ask. Hell, I've been bit hard by Briggs and Stratton minibikes. I'm not too proud to have my a$$ handed to me by 10 year olds!:D

8. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Hey Mat if you wanna try your hand on an xr flattracker let me know. I have just the thing for you.

Bill meet us at Corky's!

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Check out the races at Lawrenceburg, just down the road from Cincy. Neat little ST if they still run there. Tdub

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

11. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Looking to get into flat track as well in Cincinnati. Waiting to take the bar this summer, then I will see you at Lawrenceburg!

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hey Nick I'll be there Saturday. The 8' scab on my leg just fell off from my last visit so I should be good to go!

13. matd

matd This aint no party.

Every Friday night!:up:

Thanks Nick. But I have no idea what I'm getting into yet. I'd hate to smash your bike. Unless, of course, it's for sale! Thinking about the American Super Camp(it's cheaper than a weekend roadracing:rolleyes:).

14. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of the xr100. I've crashed mine hard enough to shear the steering stop off, but I've never replaced a single part because of crash damage.

15. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

come on out saturday! Shirley Indiana. bring your 100s. 1/8th mile! sign the waver and ride

16. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

need more racers

Attached Files:

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

I have a dirt track XR 120 for sale if your interested, 10 hours riding time on the frame and 10 minutes time on the brand new 120 kit. Just dont have time to ride it anymore.

18. thekid

thekid Well-Known Member

I got goosebumps when you brought up that name. I ran there years ago... I believe they used to put something on the night before they ran in Dayton. Really cool track. I showed up early and was getting myself pretty confident looking around at the competition. Well right before we started racing Doug Davis and some other guys showed up. I had heard of Davis before, but had never run with him. If memory serves he jumped the start in the main or something. Well he came into turn 3 on the first lap and just flicked it up the inside on the grass like a bowling ball, passing those he could and running into the rest. It was awesome.... it seems I still had a ways to go before I could cherry pick!

Thanks for the memories.

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Matd!!!! You summa Bich. Let me know when you do the Super Camp. I will go with you. I am building a CM450 for flat track right now. Its not ideal but I have $70 invested in it!!! Talk to Diniro on the Junkies. He runs little XR's at L-burg every week. Help clean up on Sat morning and you can practice on one. Seriously...hit him up. He is the parts guy at western hills honda

I will tell my people. Where is Shirley IN?

20. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Does that bike make me look fat? Haha

Tuna it is north of Indy. 2 hrs from here.

I think there may even be a bike or two you can rent to ride but you will have to talk to Chalyror6 about that(one may still be broke!)