1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A comment from a trackdayer.

Discussion in 'General' started by kazbanz, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Have you seen how slow some of the people go in Novice races? Apparently not.........

2. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

Have you seen how slow some people go in Intermediate, B, or C group

3. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. Somebody that does a race at say VIR and laps at 1:55 has no business in an advanced group track day.

Even an STT advanced group. ;)

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

It irks me when I see douchebags ride in intermediate that should be in novice.
    And slow experts that bump down cause they know their shitty passes wont fly in the same group.

5. Bill H.

Bill H. Just a pilgrim...

That's one of the cool things about NESBA.

If the CRs feel you're in the wrong group, they'll move you.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well any track day control rider can do the same thing... as well as race control. Or you can do it personally...lol
    Im talking about the dipshits that park the bikes in turns or swing wide setting up for turns . That stuff shouldnt happen outside of any novice group.

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

OK, I'll say it this time: NESBA Sucks!

8. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

On occassion and at private track days, I will drop to the I group to try and help some friends pick up their pace. When I do, we go out way behind or way ahead of the other riders. When we catch other riders, we fall in behind them until a very clean, non-aggressive pass could be accomplished. We do not run an A group pace.

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Are you a coach or control rider for the organization when you are doing this? I know the orgs i ride with frown very heavily on private on-track coaching. Some really hairy stuff happens with that.

10. madboosties

madboosties Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I guess I was making an assumption that the OP can run a decent pace on the track. I guess its safer to say that "most" racers should be riding in the advanced/race group as opposed to the Intermdiate/novice/b/c

11. Zakath

Zakath Well-Known Member

He said private trackday.. :confused:

12. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

:beer:

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

can this be fixed by adding a few cones?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: