Arai Vector problem

Discussion in 'General' started by iomfan, Apr 18, 2010.

1. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bought this in late 2007. Must have been hamfisted the other morning changing shields and broke a small tab that holds this left side cover on. The tab is normally at the top of the cover on the inside. I need a replacement. Went to the Arai website. The replacement parts side of the website is being reconstructed. I gave them my email to be notified when that is working again. There is no other contact info. Any suggestions ?

2. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

I'm sure someone has them in stock. Try Yamaha-saurus or the like......I may have a set at work but in a solid color......won't know until I get back on Tues.

send me a PM if you don't find them by then....

mike

3. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

File a warranty claim with them online. It takes a couple of emails but they send the parts out very quickly. I think they have a five year warranty.

4. krash

krash Well-Known Member

I had the exact same thing happen to the exact same helmet. I emailed them from their website, explaining that I broke it and asking where I could get one. They emailed back a day or two later and asked for my address and shipped one out to me for free.

5. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

Exact same problem for me on a Quantum E years ago. First time they replaced it, it happened again within weeks. Second time no issue for three years. QA problem?

6. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing on a Quantum 2 a couple years ago. When I emailed them from their website they were going to ship me a new one for free, but were out of stock on it. So instead, they shipped me a solid set for free and shipped me the proper set (also for free) when they got them in stock. Great customer service from Arai.

7. gixrdeb

gixrdeb Doesn't like to play nice

Same thing happened with mine. Contact Arai and they'll take care of you. If you need something sooner, I have seen them at some motorcycle shops for around $18-20/set. In the mean time, I used clear packing tape to hold the cap onto the helmet so I could use it to commute to work since I didn't have a spare helmet at the time

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  8. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone for the advice & replies. :up: :beer: Waiting to hear from Arai. Dave

9. mrjonesiu

mrjonesiu Well-Known Member

lemme if you can't get one. i crashed the same helmet (livery and all), but believe those plates are in good condition.

10. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

You have a PM.

11. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Contacted Arai on their website. Free replacement arrived yesterday (Saturday). Excellent customer support/service !

12. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

I had a similar problem and Arai got me the replacement side cover in a couple days at no charge. Awesome customer service!!!