1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illegal taping of police officer. v. bike cam in MD

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by EngineNoO9, Apr 10, 2010.

1. US129SLAYER

US129SLAYER Well-Known Member

I can see a cop jumping out of an unmarked car with full uniform on with a gun drawn. But for a cop to bail out of an unmarked car with a gun in hand with no form of identification and not even identifying himself as a cop is just plain stupid. His life is at stake and he is just begging for something tragic to happen.

2. scotth

scotth Banned

That was my thought exactly. An idiot waving a gun is just an idiot waving a gun until you know otherwise. If that biker was packing, there's one less idiot roaming around now.

This is why I've told my wife, were she ever to be signaled by an unmarked car, to drive to the nearest police station/substation. DO NOT pull over for an unmarked car. Just drive to the station. It may be illegal, but any retard can buy blue and red lights.

3. US129SLAYER

US129SLAYER Well-Known Member

Back a few years ago where I live and the surrounding countys had a big problem with douche bags pulling people over people pretending to be an officer in an unmarked vehicle and then robbing them. It got so bad believe the local news did a report on it and instructed everyone that if they were getting pulled at night to drive to the nearest well lit area and then pull over

4. The Law

The Law Well-Known Member

It seems unlikely that the law could be that broad. If it were, there could be no security cameras in that state.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Not necessarily. A while back (`70's) I spent the weekend in the Cedar City UT jail for having long hair and wearing a t-shirt with a motorcycle (Hodaka) on it. Officer pulled up as I was trying to find out why my International CO4070 had quit and left me on the side of the road. One look at me and it was up against the wall MOFO.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Has anyone seen the actual "law" that this person is charged under?

And/or has anyone seen the MD law and does it specificaly exclude LEOs?

And no, I haven't watched the video. Not with 26.4 dial-up.

7. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Probably looked like a greasy hippie. :Poke: :D

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Can you cite that statute?

9. CMMFL

CMMFL Well-Known Member

Utah Statute #65-UT6999, I think.

10. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me years ago in GA

I'm coming home from work in my car, and as I turn into my neighborhood I see a plain old civilian car behind me with a square blue light on in the windshield, right on top of the dash. I live one house in, so pull into my driveway and get out. The car stops right behind me, the guy gets out and says "Police" I say "Really, you are going to give me a ticket, driving your own car, no markings, no badge, this oughta be good..."
    He then fumbles around and finds his badge on a chain around his neck and produces it.
    At this point it could all be fake, he's in an old beater for cripessake.
    He proceeds to call a patrol car, who shows up and then gives his ticket book to Mr Plainclothes.
    He writes me a ticket for 10mph over (yeah I know, pretty weak - 45 in a 35 zone).

I basically laughed at him and told him it'll never stick.
    I then went to my local library (there's a first time for everything!) and looked through the reference material, specifically The Georgia Annotated Motor Vehicle Code.

A few things stuck out like a sore thumb, mainly:
    In order to give out tickets, officers must be in official vehicles, not their own car, as was the case.
    Further the cars must be identified with contrasting colors. Dark blue letters on a black car is not gonna work...

At my arraignment/court date I showed up with the copied pages from the book, with the pertinent info high lighted.
    I asked for a pre trail meeting with the solicitor, and when presented with the facts, they promptly dropped the case.
    I however was not done. I asked if the perhaps the officer - who is charged with upholding the law, would be receiving any add'l training, to which I was told "Yeah, we caught wind of this, and it has already stated...

I gotta say if someone in a regular car pulled up alongside of me, and semi blocked me in like that, I'da dumped the clutch and took the hell off outta there. Waiting around for some potential loon to take a shot at you is not something I would invite by waiting.

"F" that cop

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:p

12. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

I encourage all plainclothes officers to also wear ski masks when jumping out of unmarked cars:rolleyes:

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Silly case as the guy had no idea a cop was suddenly going to jump into his recording session. Bullshit case if you ask me, and searching his house with a warrant and stealing his stuff is borderline invasion of personal privacy. The guy needs a good lawyer.

If that cop keeps doing shit like that one day either he'll shoot the wrong guy or he'll be shot. All over his ego. The city should drop him before he lands them in a couple million dollar suit.

Fucking dumb. All that shit over a speeding ticket.

A guy on 450lbs. of aluminum and plastic is hardly a threat to society.

What's the cop going to do with his gun? Shoot him for running? The gun shouldda never left the holster.

14. fastest

fastest Well-Known Member

Well I belive the first think the cop should have done, is to have asked permission to step into the mans video;)

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I was wondering if I was the only one wondering what would justify pulling a weapon in this case. So the guy runs. Does that justify shooting him? It was a fucking traffic violation not a felony.

Good way to get you cop ass shot around here and I like cops.

17. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Jeeez a hippy in a Semi with a M/C shirt in Cedar City...I'm surprised you didn't get shot.

I drove over Ceder Break once down into Cedar City. I rolled the windows up...all that damn Banjo music and/or Mormon singing was making me nervous.:D

18. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I've heard of instances of them doing just that, sadly.

19. ex419

ex419 Well-Known Member

20. jinook

jinook Well-Known Member

Said very well...Now you are not allowed to have any protection from their wrong doings.