Scam alert!

Discussion in 'General' started by dragon67005, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dragon67005

dragon67005 Member

I've got two wanted listings for things from different bikes(1 is 2 months old)
    This guy e-mails me yesterday & says he has the parts I need for my newer listing, I say PM the pics. he cant PM & says his cameras broke, & he only accepts Western union/Money gram. His name is Evan wright, He e-mailed me today on my older listing saying the exact same thing"I have the parts you need in good condition. I'm assuming he's hitting everybody, anybody else gotten anything from him? Or even heard of him?

2. Dan_DGAF666

Dan_DGAF666 Well-Known Member

Yeap he has been doing that to many people from what i am reading on here and me also.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How about you post his id? Jeez, I can't do anything without that!

4. dragon67005

dragon67005 Member

ID

thats the thing, I asked him to PM me so I could check his post count & such but he never did. Just e-mails. Betcha he hasn't even posted, just reads & scams. It's PM deals only for me from now on.

5. Allthatflash

Allthatflash Well-Known Member

Ask him for his number so you can talk about shipping details if it starts with a +044 number, that dude got me awhile back on some 09 GSXR 1000 forks. This guy used to different names on 2 different e-mails but after all said and done the 2 phone numbers matched the 2 different e-mails. His accent is English but the paypal account FBI? something is what he used, but the item was shipped from the Domican republic and it wasn't what you paid for. In my case I got a usb card reader.

6. Allthatflash

The guy used the name of Dave Wagner in my scam

7. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

He e-mailed me also

Evan Wright
    507 West Derby RD,
    Liverpool L64bw, UK

8. Allthatflash

Bet ya its tha same motherf****r............all the names are English that he used!

9. Allthatflash

Yup thats him..........he started off in the Classic Cars want adds then to trucks then to Mustang Cobras then to Motocycles. He always stars by I have what you are looking for. I researched that number and man it came up with horror stories pn all the online scam this guy has done. Some big and some small dollar amounts, but make a living on it I tell ya. My co-worker sister lives in England and had her go the the Address given and there was nothing there as far as what was posted or no one lived there ny that name.

10. Former

Former Well-Known Member

Post up his email addy so we can spam the hell outta it.

11. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

12. HiSpeed48

HiSpeed48 Well-Known Member

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks, found him via the email address. He's banned but that won't stop him from emailing you if you've replied to one of his. Add his address to your spam filter.

14. Sickthirtysix

Sickthirtysix Well-Known Member

+1

He has done the same to me...BEWARE

15. If you don't want scammers emailing you, you could always try NOT putting your email address in your posts. :rolleyes:

16. 2SickRacing

2SickRacing Well-Known Member

Funny I got an email from him too this morning twice (a half hour apart) from a post i made that's like 2-3 months old in the WTB thread and I replied no thanks.
    In his signature it saids he's from the UK or somethin.

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Received an e-mail from him today regarding a fuel tank that I was looking to buy. This guy has been busy.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The asspony that was trolling for a Carfax a few days back was doing the same thing.

*Beware of who you reply to. Don't post your e mail in a thread! Don't post your phone number! Don't be a retard on who you sell to! *

19. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

ditto.

20. random hero

random hero Banned

It would be fantastic if these idiots looked for jobs as hard as they try to scam people... I don't understand it. All that effort, you'd think they'd hit the real world and work like the rest of us