1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Steal

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackF3, Feb 15, 2010.

1. GixxerNash

GixxerNash I hate this job!

4x8 Trailer HF

So I just bought one of the 4x8 folding trailers for HF. I have to say so far I am very impressed with what you get for the money. I should have it finished tonight. I am puttin on 24in walls as well so I can use it for utility when needed. I will post up some pictures later when I get her finished.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've had one of these for a few years, works great. I also just picked up a LED light kit for it (ALL lights and harness included). Normally $40, I paid like $24!

3. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Any advice that wouldnt end up with me being a dousche. Is is giving me a good deal on the trailer, im not going to turn around and sell it on him for a profit.

Just wondering if having too much trailer may not be a good thing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

If you can deal with storing it and setting it up by yourself, bigger is better in my book.

5. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I'd buy the big trailer for $400. I understand your point, and in your case a smaller trailer makes more sense right now, but trailers can get too small real quick. If he sells it to someone else and you ever need a bigger one, you'll regret not buying it. At some point, with everything I thought was just enough, I find a reason why I need a bigger trailer, bigger truck, etc. Excess is the American way!

6. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Kinda what I was thinking. I am in the process of buying my first house, although it has a good amount of property, it may not have a decent place to keep the trailer. As of now I told my uncle to give me some time after I move to my new place and if it wont be a problem storing it ill probably take it off his hands.

7. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Anyone else have pics of different setups with these trailers? Bought one this past weekend, gonna start putting it together.

8. WHendrix

WHendrix Well-Known Member

i have had 2 of the Harbor Freight trailers and they are clerly the best trailer for the money. The second one I set up for two bikes with the following modifications:

I installed 4X4 rails on top of the plywood at either side to keep the flex down. These were bolted to the frame and to the deck.

I installed heavy duty pad eyes to the sides of these to assist in tie down.

i then installed staggered chocks in front to allow handle bars to off set.

I was able to carry two Triumph 955i's when i was racing them, and they are wider than most bikes. I also put a board on the triangle at the front to cary gas.

9. EMC

EMC New Member

Harbor Freight Trailer

I just built HF Model 90154 Foldable W/12" wheels. Does anyone know where to get a set of wheel bearings, seals and races for it? Also think I'm going to change the tires they look like they'll make it around the corner and back, maybe.
    Anyone out there who can help?

10. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

HF sells all the spare parts for the trailer. I simply repacked the front bearings, put 2 bikes on it and drove all the way to Barber and back. It wasn't until we were about to leave for the trip home that we found out the tires were at 30 PSI (dunno how long).

11. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

No need to, they're fine.

12. tpadden

tpadden Well-Known Member

i just picked one up for $212.. they have them priced at 260 online right now and i used a 20% discount on top of that..not a bad deal at all