Traffic ticket

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Mar 31, 2010.

1. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i was just gonna chime in. got one doing the same thing, in cali it is legal to turn right on red unless specifically posted.

i turned right. $394.00 later my wallet was alot lighter.

2. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Chicago...$250 for tinted front windows on a car purchased out of state, and the ticket was issued while the car was parked.

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Uh, in SC I got a warning for not having my headlights on when it was raining. I feel your pain man...:p

4. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

you should have ran.:up:

Drove it like you stole it.

5. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

Many years ago (1994), I finished a ride with a group of folks in Carlsbad, CA and a few of us went to the mall to grab a bite. When we came out, several of us had tickets on our bike seats for parking in a handicapped zone. The tickets were in the $425 range, so I went back and took pics of the "handicapped zone". We were parked on stripes, but they were stripes leading to a non-parking zone (diff of a $100 ticket). I mailed the pics...yes, regular pics before digital times...to the court with an apology letter and lo and behold, it was dismissed. So yes, it can always be worse...

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:mad::mad::mad:

I got pulled over on the morning of 13DEC08, for 66 in a 50 (Rolling with the traffic flow in an Interstate construction zone with no construction going on on a Saturday morning).

The ticket said to "call the appropriate court within 10 days.... yadda yadda" I did. They said they'd mail me court info.

A month goes by. I call again. They said they'd mail me court info.

Another month. Another call. They said they'd mail me court info.

Today, fifteen and a half months later, I get a notice in the mail saying I must appear by 30 Apr.

Besides the BS ticket, isn't there some clause about a frickin speedy trial?!?!?

I think I'm calling a lawyer on this one. It was a bullshit ticket in the first place, and then a 15+ month delay.

F@ck that.

7. MOTOXAZ

MOTOXAZ Well-Known Member

I did that exact samething back in Dec. except I was #4 of the 5 cars that did it in a row. All the signs were on the right side and as u come to turn your looking left and never see the signs if your trying to turn.

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

So when I clutched up a big wheelie with an unmarked cruiser behind me but never exceeded the eposted speed limit.. does that count? Think that was well north of $500 IIRC

9. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

WHAT!!!!!!!!! That is BS right there! :down:

10. Jeeepers23

Jeeepers23 Well-Known Member

I cannot tell you how many fines I've received, but I am sure I have paid some of the salaries of some police, judges, prosecutors and lawyers with my record.

If anyone can tell me how to attach an excel sheet to this post, I can share something that will blow everyones mind

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

$56.00 ticket for a left blown headlight in Hoboken NJ, and the cop that gave me the ticket, he had a right blown headlight.

Took a picture of the police car, went to court, waited all night to fight it with me and the police officer on stands facing each other.

I lost, $56.00 ticket x 2 (double the penalty for fighting it and loosing) $30 court fees and $30 court costs. Why did I lose and my picture didn't hold up in court, the car was not his car and it is a state official car.

Well the car I was in was not a state official car, but it also wasn't mine.

Total = $172 for a blown headlight!

12. rlucas

rlucas Well-Known Member

You probably lost more due to the fact that just because the cop has a blown headlight it doesn't make it any more legal for you to have one. Although it was pretty stupid to give you a ticket for it, around here they normally give fix-it tickets for such things.

13. I got a ticket for no county sticker in Arlington, VA while I was inside the county office buying a county sticker. :rolleyes:

14. Mad_Max

Mad_Max Well-Known Member

Never got the no turn right on red...only see those sign in the U.S. in Canada i don't think i ever saw a sign for no turn on red. I should prolly stop blowing them in MI as I don't think the Canadian excuse will work!

15. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Michigan is tightening up big time on the speeding 'cushion'. Instead of the usual 5-7 MPH over the limit that we've been getting on the freeways, the cops are now starting to ticket anything starting around 2-4 MPH over. The State police, city and county cops are all in on it now to boost revenue. It's turning into a free for all.

16. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

Hawaii - $175 for each side window of my F150. :down:

17. Southpaw

Southpaw Well-Known Member

WTF??? Here I got a ticket for tinted windows in my sisters car when she was visiting from Florida, apparently it was or is legal for tinted windows there. Even with a Florida tag, I still got a ticket. But it was like $55 or something overall

18. maidenamerica71

maidenamerica71 expect the unexpected

yeah, I nearly came un-glued when the prick told me what it was gonna cost.
    he stood there grinning, and asked me 'why i was in Hawaii?' (they do not like us Mainlanders. I worked for the GOVT on Wheeler Airfield.)

So, I spoke to a few locals who worked for me, told them what happened. Long story short, I 'volunteered' to go to court. Had to go to a garage, prove that I removed the Tint, and "maybe" they'd throw the ticket away.
    Damn skimpy!

"Karen, Go to so and so's garage in (dark alley, f' real) ...he'll hook you up." It was like a freggin drug deal......"you have to get it "inspected"...Hook the Brahhhthah up when you leave."

Paid the dude $100 to write me a 'slip'

My #$%#$ tint is still on my #$%$# F150 :beer:

F*ck Hawaii. 60 days later...my truck, my belongings were on a Boat BACK in Alabama....the mainland.

(and, I am not a big fan of Jungle Ass hot weather here, either.)

:rock: