1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A BMW to run in the AMA...

Discussion in 'General' started by XACT-Man, Mar 24, 2010.

1. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Looks like Iron Horse BMW/ESP is putting Chris Peris on the new S1000RR, first race at Fontana...... RRW Linky.....

2. Germany

Germany I'm new, don't hate...

nice, I can't wait to see this!

3. knuckledragger

knuckledragger Well-Known Member

Eric Pinson ran a BMW S1000RR at Daytona and they'll be running more of the AMA rounds.

He talks about it in "Superbike Grid Walk One" on OTT.

Cheers,
    D

4. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Excellent stuff. Go, Chris!

5. akillya

akillya TPL Racing Squadra Corse

Chris, the BMW and ESP should make a nice combo! Good luck! Glad to see them back!

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

great to see more bikes out on the grid

7. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

chris broke the lap record he set at INDE on his race prepped gsxr. yup he did it with a bone stock BMW with dunlop specs

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I've got a feeling that the ESP/Chris Peris/BMW combo is going to stun more than a few people.

9. jelder

jelder Replicant

I read a little of Chris Ulrich's review of the Beemer. He said bone stock it could sit on an AMA Superbike grid. Sounds like it could be a killer with the right tuning/rider.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  10. its_nero

its_nero Well-Known Member

That was the first time around. This past weekend he was out there with aftermarket suspension and triple clamp offset I believe. By the end of the weekend he broke his previous record by 2sec. It was amazing to watch him ride...he's an animal.

11. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Cant wait to see how well this bike performs!

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

It did...

At Daytona even with the Speed Limiter and the Lean Sensors holding the bike back it ran with a stock motor and suspension and placed in the top 15.

13. Dug2

Dug2 Well-Known Member

you say that as if you have one!!!! ha!

14. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I just watched a video someone posted on a tucson forum of him (well like 30 seconds of him) passing the guy shooting out at INDE from this past weekend.

Chris is crazy fast, and evan and the guys love this sport and are so educated in everything that yeah, its going to be a sweet deal and I hope it branches out to more events!

15. its_nero

its_nero Well-Known Member

Yeah i was there on the track and that video was from Sean I believe. Evan knows quite a bit about suspension too and motor work. And the thing is...all those guys are so down to earth and pretty cool.

16. Germany

Germany I'm new, don't hate...

What makes you think that... :p