1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama causes the US to lose face!!! Again.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Evil Obama lost the US a case of Yuengling to the prime minster of Canada on the Gold medal Hockey game. :D

Hmm, does this increase our exports to Canada? :D

2. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

Man I was so bummed yesterday when the USA lost, I shut it off right away I didnt even want to see them get the silver.

OH well I heard the announcer say yesterday that the talent of Team Canada was so great oly 1-2 USA players could have even made the team.

3. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

Well we beat them once, I think we should have another game best 2 out of 3. I watched the last few min of regular play and OT nice game.

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Nope, not even. The bet was that if the USA won, Canada would buy a case of Yuenbling to Barry. Now Barry has to fork out some dosh for a case of Molson - or so I read...

I didn't realise Yuenzling was that old.

Great game.

5. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Watching Hockey is soooo UnAmerican. Grown men in sissy skates with clothes 5X's too big on them.

We won Bobsled...that is a proper sport.

And I'm sticking to these answers for at least four more years until we win the gold in Hockey.

6. mdr14

mdr14 What?

isnt gambling illegal except where designated?

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Are they gonna make him pay in loonies? :D

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So what does that make football?:moon:

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Inertia rulz!!! :D

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Guys in clothes 5X's too small patting each other on the ass?

*insert Hemingway quote here*

:D

11. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Ok sure thing! LOL Really??? :crackup:

12. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

It would appear that you think that Canada clearly has the better team. My guess is that not many people outside of Canada share that opinion based on the hockey played in this tournament.

Canada won, deserved to win, and they should be proud of that, but it was a helluva lot tougher than you thought. A USA team that a lot of experts thought might only be the 4th or 5th best team entering the tournament stood toe to toe with the Canadian superstars. The future looks bright for USA hockey! :up:

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

So, that's the reason we lost......Obama supported them. THANKS AGAIN OBAMA!!! Impeach.

For what it's worth, Canada played smart and hard all 60 minutes. With the exception of Suter, Rafalsky, Kahne, Kessler, and Miller the US team played in spurts. We were lucky to have seen overtime.

14. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

No.

I never thought that they were clearly the better team, I'm actually really surprised how much they improved over the course of the games.

Anyhow, my LOLing was directed at EdgeR6's discounting of the gold medal game because the USA beat Canada in the round-robin game.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I heard some rumors about their making Olympic hockey for amateurs again. I think that some of the hockey team owners are questioning whether or not it's advisable to send pro players to the Olympics just to get hurt. We'll see.

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Send him some Samuel Adams...that would fix his arse.:Puke:

BTW Orvis, I don't know who the lady in the photo is, but OH YEAH!

17. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Gotcha. I'm just trying to pick a fight. It's what we do here in the dungeon! :D

Honestly, I was one of the people who thought going into the tourny that Canada was going to roll. Maybe not win every game 5-0, but leave little doubt that they were the best team. They won the gold so they indeed were the best team, but they had to fight like hell to get it (except when beating the "eurotrash" Russians). Great hockey! :beer:

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Saved 1 job (delivery person)

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That is a photo of my Mom taken in 1929 at the age of 19.:beer:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn Orvis, you mean your mom was born before the world was in color?