1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympic snowboard guy Shaun White

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude had a private snow half pipe built in the remote Colorado mountains that he flew out to in a chopper for practice.:wow:

That is about as pimp as they come.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/out...-halfpipe-in-colorado-backwoods-revealed.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/va...s-own-half-pipe-and-it-s-amazi?urn=oly,215991

"It took two months, 30 shipments of helicopter-delivered snow and 8,000 pounds of welded steel to build the world's first on-mountain snowboarding pit, which allows White to perfect his never-been-done-before tricks safely before trying them in competition."

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

he`s supposed to attempt a trick called "Double big mac with a cork in the butt" or some crazy ass name like that. Dude is badass for sure.

3. 2SickRacing

2SickRacing Well-Known Member

That's when u know ur sick. That is just badass. I would enjoy the helicopter ride fool

4. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

Or maybe 2Sick.....:D

5. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

And why did it have to be in the middle of nowhere only accessible by helicopter??

6. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

so the BBS wouldn't find out about it...

and yet we see again that NOTHING can hide from the almighty beeb

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I imagine finding the right angle hill for it....... with privacy as well, might have been challenging :confused:.

that and it is pimp as hell to have to take a heli to practice :clap:

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'cos Red Bull can afford it, then show it off on 60 minutes followed by the rest of the mediasphere...

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is factored into the cost of a can o that stuff?

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Because if your developing some sick new shit to win a gold medal you dont need anyone watching you. Same reason car companies have private test tracks and Big Teams rent private trackdays.

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Damn talk about a way to make a living! That's friggin' awesome! Red Bull must just bleed money.

12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Red Bull has more money than god!! damn

13. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Getting all pissy over a punk ass snowboarder? Seriously? :Poke:

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=243175

14. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Fuck me, that is awesome, :bow:

Boring day for the crew who have to watch him and drag his ass up the pipe all day long.

Love the hater comments, jealousy will get you nowhere, :crackup:

15. russ#299

russ#299 Well-Known Member

no one has mentioned that this dude needs a hair cut...needed a hair cut like 10 years ago?:p

anyways the dude is awesome at what he does, and a good skateboarder as well.

16. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Carrot Top. :up:

17. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Without the Botox though.

18. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

Ok... I'll be that guy.

I totally respect what these guys do, and I know it isn't easy, blah, blah, blah. But why is the snowboarding in the Olympics? Downhill maybe, MAYBE, but the rest of it? Skateboarding isn't in the summer games (at least not that I know of), so why snowboarding?

I saw some "snowcross" (or whatever it is called the other day) and this dude was competing in jeans. Or big, fugly pants that were intended to look like denim. Seriously, jeans in the Olympics? No.

The X-games are fine for this stuff. Really. Leave the Olympics for the traditional stuff. I'd much rather watch ski jumping, biathlon, cross country skiing... even curling over the snowboarding nonsense. And I don't what young kids want to see... they can watch/have the X-games.

19. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

Ok... I'll be that guy.

I totally respect what these guys do, and I know it isn't easy, blah, blah, blah. But why is the snowboarding in the Olympics? Downhill maybe, MAYBE, but the rest of it? Skateboarding isn't in the summer games (at least not that I know of), so why snowboarding?

I saw some "snowcross" (or whatever it is called the other day) and this dude was competing in jeans. Or big, fugly pants that were intended to look like denim. Seriously, jeans in the Olympics? No.

The X-games are fine for this stuff. Really. Leave the Olympics for the traditional stuff. I'd much rather watch ski jumping, biathlon, cross country skiing... even curling over the snowboarding nonsense. And I don't what young kids want to see... they can watch/have the X-games.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

At $2/ can... they are making like 8000% markup....lol.
    I should say "marketikngup"... same thing with beer.
    You pay for the ad campaigns.