1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat Handguns allowed in..Starbucks!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Feb 15, 2010.

1. scotth

scotth Banned

Nope. In my analogy, they didn't have access to the sharp objects (no WMDs), so they can be as stupid as they want.

Of course, they weren't stupid either (weren't going to attack us), so there's that, too.

And that's even if I thought national and personal action was comparable.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Is this to say, then, that the stupid was us, and a strike of pre-emption was justifiable against us?

3. scotth

scotth Banned

If I were Iraqi I might think so now. Thank god they don't have the means.

4. pickled egg

What did you think *then*?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Sure, you can argue it.

You can argue that the sky is yellowish green.

You can argue that a second ear is a waste.

But it's still bullshit.

They are NOT comparable as the privilege of driving is not comparable to a right guaranteed us.

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Arguing with Gun nutters is like arguing with bible thumpers. Actually it's normally the same people.

The bill of rights says you can be armed. It doesn't say what types or how many. I think they left it up to "us" to decide.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Gun ownership isn't a bad idea; if one considers that everyone is intelligent, responsible and of stable mind...

8. scotth

scotth Banned

What did I think of the Iraq invasion when it happened?

I've been told I'm too blunt at times.

With that in mind, I was...not a fan. Ever. Even a little.

That's as subtle as I can be about that.

Oh screw it. I'm still mildly annoyed at the Democrats for not impeaching W for Iraq the second they got the majority. It was certainly deserved.

9. scotth

scotth Banned

Okay, then (without the semantics), I am arguing that the right granted in the constitution has certainly been proven not to be absolute, you can do as much damage with a car as with a gun (as Darren noted), it's not really a privilege to use something I've already paid for, and the right to drive is only an amendment away.

10. scotth

scotth Banned

Exactly. Well said.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Don't you gain tenure automatically after so many years in prison? :)

12. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

scotth,

Did you just cite the very same constitution and bill of rights that you seem to be against?

To answer your dumb question, yes, I have parents alive that will complain and want you in jail at a minimum. Guess that's supposed to mean something to a son of Adolf?

And H8R, under that same premise (...it doesn't say what types...), should we limit what our military or police officers are able to use?

Damian

13. pickled egg

So you would have been in support of pre-emptive action against the United States to prevent us from invading Iraq?

14. scotth

scotth Banned

Seriously?

Look, man, I can't see or hear you so I can't tell if you're trying to be cute or not.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

If you're trying to be a comedian be damn sure not to give up your day job. :up:

16. pickled egg

Yes, seriously.

You're the one with a throbbing hard-on for pre-emption based upon the possibility of someone ever doing something bad with something that might hurt someone. You didn't support the pre-emption exercised by the US against Iraq, and in fact state that you were in opposition to the pre-emptive action against Iraq, as it was someone doing something bad (Bush) with something that might hurt someone (the US military). It only stands to reason that, within that frame of logic, you would be in support of a pre-emptive strike against the US to ensure that we did nothing naughty with all those hurtful weapons we have.

And before you start talking economies of scale here, we're talking about the exact same concept: pre-emptive disarming based upon some arbitrary, subjective criteria of your choosing.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I suspect that Roberto's idea of being a cop is like the news story that's been running the last few days where the two security officers stood by and watched a couple of teens beat the hell out of another 15 year old girl. One of them said that their job was to "observe and report."

To them violence just simply fascinating. They can stand and watch it all day.

18. scotth

scotth Banned

That's a stretch even for you. And I like stretches.

19. pickled egg

Hypocrite, party of one, your plate of crow is ready. :D

20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Our Military knows what it needs to fight and I leave that decision in their capable hands as long as it remains under Congressional oversight.

Our police forces are also under city/county/state control...and once again I leave the decision in their hands.

All of this is based on our right to free elections.