1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat Handguns allowed in..Starbucks!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Feb 15, 2010.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh. It was OK. Great? A matter of opinion.

2. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

Well, with huge points for originality and style. I guess it helps when you consider the other nonsense coming from the big studios.

3. scotth

scotth Banned

Whoa--leave me out of this, Azzkickr. I don't want to have to see one of the 37 different ways you can kill a man with your bear hands.

4. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

I think they'd be a bit more amazed that more people aren't armed. Civility and gentlemanly behavior was backed up by the knowledge that there was a good chance the person you disagreed with was well armed. Pocket pistols and bladed weapons were quite common. There were many, many gun smiths, the world over, who made very good livings designing and making only weapons of this nature. Being polite is a good idea when the pocket watch a person is carrying could possibly put a giant hole in your head or his cane or riding crop concealed 2 feet of Damascus steel.

John, the dock worker may not of had something as elegant as what the founding fathers had but, chances are, he had something on him that would make you just as dead.

5. scotth

scotth Banned

Really? I was underwhelmed.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

:stupid:

The german commander (Christopher Klaus?) saved that movie, most of the german actors, in fact, saved that (too long) movie.

Lots of movie references that were lost on me but I appreciate the use of actors speaking their own languages.

7. scotth

scotth Banned

I've been using, "I'll get chewed out. I've been chewed out." That probably ought to go on my tombstone. :D

The opening bit was good. He lost me after they decided to have the premier in her theater.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

You'll notice I never said I could kick anyone's ass. I'm never so bold and so stupid. I do my best NOT to fight. I don't start fights over someone calling me names, as I'm an adult and not a child. As I've already said, I am NOT a violent person. I simply believe in being prepared. This goes for many things in life above and beyond guns. When I said I'd buy you a beer (or bear), it was sincere. I find face to face ideas go over a lot better when you loose the internet tough guy persona. Putting out fire with water is usually more effective than putting out fire with fire...though there are times that putting out fire with fire is necessary.

Call me a paranoid, tin foil hat wearing, gun toting nut. But, I honestly see a societal collapse in my lifetime here in the US. I want to be prepared in many facets of that, which means food, safety, etc. If I'm wrong...well, guns and ammo are ALWAYS worth money. Guns also make great hand me downs. :)

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Well, I'm afraid I don't know 37 ways. 5...maybe. Of course, when anyone feels they need to let us all know how smart they are, the great ScottH is the almighty yard stick with which we all measure infinite wisdom. ;)

10. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

You don't understand the whole natural law/rights thing too much do you?

Do you have to get a permit to talk? Do you have get a permit to have a Bible, Quran, Torah, etc.? Do you have to get a permit so the police/military can not just bust down your door and crash for the night? Do you have to get a permit to have a blog, website, journal, diary?

The answer to the above is an astounding "no" but yet a lot of folks think having to get a permit to exercise your God-given, constitutionally protected second amendment rights is "common sense."

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nowhere in the constitution does it state that the government grants rights, it only protects the right given to you by your Creator.

Damian

11. scotth

scotth Banned

You're a paranoid, tin foil hat wearing, gun toting nut. If truly avoiding the problem was the primary concern, and if you truly believed a collapse was imminent, wouldn't the prudent course of action be to move? And someplace far enough away that the fallout won't get you there?

Whatever. I just don't want to be in the splash zone, or associated with it.

Nice of you to say. Of course, I don't remember saying it, but I still appreciate the sentiment.

Actually, I think I'll just use this:

from now on. Kneel, bish!

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Fucker... you better not come back and post pictures of your cock. :down:

:D

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I don't have a creator...well except for my parents...so they grant rights?

A drivers license isn't spelled out in the constitution....do I still need one? What about a medical license?

Since the second amendment talks about the right to bear (beer?) arms can I own any type of weapon I want? Can I build a gun that shoots Ebola? What if I want to build a big gun that can shoot across the border into Mexico can I do that?

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You had better hope you're right about that creator thing. :p

BTW, I own four guns that can shoot across the border into Mexico. :D

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I'm right about the creator...a burning bush told me.

You and your guns.... Touche John....Touche. :D

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That burning bush lied to you. Make sure it wasn't winking at your wife and got all distracted... wodering how you landed a hottie like that and all. :p

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha anti-gun liberals and their dreams of Never Never Land.

Gun control is the notion a woman lying dead after being raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman who put six rounds through her assailant's chest.

18. scotth

scotth Banned

I think that's a highly personal position. To me, gun control is keeping a gun away from someone I don't want to have it.

No, that's not true. My position on gun control was spelled out perfectly by Clint Eastwood (I think) in a movie I forgot long ago: "My position on gun control is that if there's a gun around, I wanna be the one controlling it."

I don't know how many people would agree that a dead woman is morally superior to a dead assailant. Anyone here?

19. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Saw it the other day. Liked Grand Torino more. Zombieland was pretty good. IB? My wife liked that more than I did. What does that mean? LOL!

Agreed on the flaming carnage. But screaming carnage does create a nice impact. Maybe I should start with Claymores.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anyone hell bent on disarming the public is agreeing to exactly that notion.