1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat Handguns allowed in..Starbucks!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Feb 15, 2010.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

fixed it.

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

My ex is a very good shot too.

I just purchased another pistol earlier this winter. Wasn't all that difficult here. Easier than back when the dumbass Brady Bill was in effect. I had to fill out the documentation then wait for my background check to come in. I think it took about 30-45 minutes total. Of course, had I been a criminal then I would have left empty handed.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What do you mean we don't have them? We do have them. The fact is we have too many for effective enforcement. I don't know what you want. Convicted felons can't purchase handguns. They can and should be locked up for it. If they steal the weapon it's illegal. If they possess the weapon it's illegal.

I assume you mean tougher penalties. Can't really make the laws tougher. If it's illegal it's illegal.

There is one thing that might help.... start killing the lawyers that get them off on technicalities because the laws are too silly the way they are written. :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I find it gut busting hilarious that you think you know who I am and what I would do. First, I train. Yes, I train my draw. I commit many things to muscle memory, just as a motorcycle racer would. Next, I PRAY TO GOD I never have to pull my gun. You see, I know my laws and I'm quite worried that sometimes the consequences of defending myself would be worse than just letting something bad happen. You dare think I depend upon my gun for my sole defense? Did you not even READ what I typed? I'm trained in the use of my bare hands too. I know several ways to kill you without a handgun. I'll admit, I don't know any tactics with knives, and I don't carry one. However, should my hands be locked up? I could kill you in seconds with no weapon at all. That's not some high and mighty statement, I'm not egotistical. I'd venture to say John could just as well, it's pretty easy honestly. Point being? I like my options.

I also agree that someone carrying a gun who's never shot is a scary thing. In a moment of life or death, certain things have to be down to muscle memory. A handgun is NOT EASY to use and hit the target. I'm quite positive that I fired more rounds yesterday at the range than 99.9% of all thugs have ever fired in their life. Yet, somehow you just painted me as a racist, redneck. Right? I can safely say that 99% of people who know me would be surprised to find that I carry. I haven't escalated an argument to violence since I was a child. I prefer to use my mind over force. Sometimes though, force is required. There's a 99% chance I'll never have to pull my gun out. I pray I never see that 1%. Should it happen though, I like my odds better than being a victim that'd cry and beg for his life.

5. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

Precisely why if we were really expecting to be in a gun fight, I would take at a minimum a rifle and all of my friends with their rifles or belt fed machine guns. Handguns aren't great fight stoppers, they are just convenient and allow this weird thing to happen in a fight - keep some distance and still be able to engage if necessary.

Damian

6. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

Shit man, why didn't you just say you were a Jedi Master. Hell if we could all use the force, I'd feel pretty damn safe.

7. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

You know, you were asked a couple questions about "tougher gun laws" and "sporting" guns. Care to answer them or are we asking too much?

Damian

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That's how I figured a know it all, smart ass would respond. I keep forgetting, you're on ScottH's genius level. Forgive me masta', i'ze be so sorry.

Again, I'm not a person that's high and mighty. I'm not an excellent cage fighter. I'm trained. It's that simple. Why does that require mocking? Oh, I get it now... you're a pussy behind a keyboard. Got it. :up:

BTW, my name really is Clay. I show up at real WERA events and never hide behind anything. Should you bother coming back over here to the home you speak of in such disdain, let me know. I'll buy you a bear and maybe you'll realize I'm just man who loves his family, wants to protect them and himself, and am actually a rather pleasant person. :Poke:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A freudian slip?

10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ok, that made me quite laugh out loud. LOL BEER. It wouldn't be the first time, I do that often. Same with sweet and sweat.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I like to tow my ZPU-4 behind my truck and set it up in case of a human wave attack on the Starbucks.

12. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Flamethrowers. Just sayin'...

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah, you tear into a human wave attack of 50 or 100 bad guys armed with baseball bats with the flame thrower and chances are that you'll have 30 or 40 of those dudes running around, on fire, bumping into shit. Maybe they'll bump into your grande chi tea and spill it.

But if you tear into 50 or 100 bad guys armed with baseball bats with a quad 14.5mm anti aircraft gun loaded with full metal jacket bullets with a tungsten carbide core, ain't none of them running around and spilling your chi tea. Might punch some holes into the Volvo packed behind the mass of goo that was 50 or 100 bad guys armed with baseball bats but that ain't your problem. Jerk should have bought an american car anyways.

Just think, The NRA will make you their centerfold for July and you might even get free chi tea from Starbucks for the rest of the year. Hell, the Volvo owner might even thank you for setting him straight and he'll name his brand new GMC pick up after you.

14. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I just walk in and tell them I have Swine Flu...

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm not a Jedi Master but those fuckers don't mess with me and they call me, "Sir". :D

BTW, I saw Rambo over the weekend on DirecTV. Damn, those are some kick ass bullets in that movie. Shit just cuts people in half. :eek:

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sorry but I'm :Off:but I'm upset because these recommandations came from this site.

Last week I saw Hurt Locker, last night I saw Gran Torino. Both were great movies, ...if you were a 12 year old over-sexed hick!

Cliche galore, story by numbers. Yawn!

The Escapist was a good movie...

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'm glad I didn't pay to see Rambo if that helps. :D

I actually liked Gran Torino. I thought it was one of Clint's better films. Didn't really like the ending. You are right though... very cliched.

Haven't seen Hurt Locker yet.

19. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

Sorry, it was time to punch out and I didn't feel like sticking around just to bitch with you guys. Then the Falco decided to play dead... so now I'm back for the moment.

Honestly though, this subject is a bit long and complicated to be discussed in a forum like this. I'm no expert, but if you like to shoot clays and targets, cool. Some of that sniper shit is a bit creepy, but whatever. If you really want to play soldier though, then try paintball or some shit like that.

As for the laws, zero tolerance. If you have a gun and no-permit, you are fucked. Talking 15 years minimum, no exceptions. And to get a permit would be a pretty big fucking deal. Not enough just to say, "he's clean"... but much more thorough and involving. Again, this is way too complicated to get into like this...

Suffice to say a real starting point would be zero tolerance for any type of gun crime, with the appropriate punishment (as in, your life is pretty much over for a decade or two).

Clay, you could probably kick my ass in a fight... but really, how the hell do you know? This is the internet, for all you know I am Frank Dux. Internet pissing matches are pointless.

I'm going home... again. I'll be back tomorrow if you want to compare cocks or something.

20. RobertoRolfo

RobertoRolfo Banned

You see Inglorious Bastards? There are guns in it... and it is fuckin great.