1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember the film maker who set up the ACORN sting?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by trackjunkieX, Jan 27, 2010.

1. trackjunkieX

trackjunkieX Banned

2. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ummm, so what's your point?

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think he is trying to distract us from the fact that Obama is messing up bad......

4. BB

BB Member

Thinking that they could just gain access to the telco closet in a federal building = stupid. I support an office in that building. They dont just let people access the closet because they "look" like phone company guys. Its a core group of techs who have access and they are known to the buildings support personnel. Even then, they are still checked in each time they go.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He broke the law. How is this relevant to the ACORN sting? Does it somehow make them less guilty?

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually I oppose gambling here.

1) more money to the government == less freedom
    2) if it can be corrupt Goat Hill will make it so
    3) gambling brings with it social ills
    4) gambling produces nothing

Given that I don't want it here. I am not against it and do get lotto tickets on occasion but I don't feel it would enhance Alabama (my home) rather it would degrade it.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think you have the wrong thread sheepofblue

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

:stupid:Must be fun bowling with this guy... :D

9. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Saves BO from having attack an aspirin factory

10. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

I think it would have been crazy if he would have actually bugged the office. I mean if he recorded "bad" things in her phone conversations he would not have been able to publicly let us know.
    I guess anonymous reports would have been all we could get?
    He had no legal right to bug her, so whatever he gets now would have been worse had he been able to plant the device.

BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO GET THE SECRET INTEL!!

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

A couple of months ago an exhaustive report was prepared on ACORN by former Massachusetts attorney general Scott Harshberger. He was highly critical of the organization for multiple failings, but also closely examined those tapes, which he discovered had been deliberately edited to exclude exculpatory evidence and were also unreliable because rather than be a straight representation of the encounter the little weasel had done a voice over describing what was supposedly happening.

Here's the story of the Harshberger report from Salon.com, which also includes a link to the full report, a 47 page pdf. http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2009/12/11/acorn/index.html

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. HAWK748

HAWK748 Lt. Governor

I didnt think they would..... No matter which side of this you stand, you DONT go into a Federal bldg this day and age planning on "bugging it" ...

I saw a guy in LAX get "taken away" for "joking" about maybe flying the plane his damn self!

He didnt make the flight that day.

14. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Yeah! Ahh, some people just are too stupid to figure that out! Like the guys taking video of their crimes & posting them up on the i-net. Not extraordinarily bright bulbs burnin thar. And the owner of the website he wrote for putting out the B.S. that they were dressed in outlandish costumes to make a mockery of the whole operation! Ahh, I don't think so - you just don't walk thru security at ANY federal or even state building like that these days. Except their "loyal" readership will believe that retarded story as it matches their intelligence level. Stupid ass criminals that really lack intelligence to think through what they were doing. Thirty years seems just about right for the blubbering blog boy

:beer:

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I say set them free, it was kind of admirable what they were trying to do. :D