1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawi Contingency

Discussion in 'General' started by Millwoodva, Jan 26, 2010.

1. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Smokey and the Bandit is on DVD, when did that happen :D

2. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

I agree Chip..It would but it isnt...If you throw my ball in the woods, when i go get it i am going home!! If Kawasaki gets mad at DMG then they penalize everybody..thats how it goes...and the guy with the pretty hair on your tema has your movie...

P.S.-WE all agree that it sucks for the sport and hopefully it will change in the future.

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

"Play Money" is the marketing money that they are not spending on advertising as a whole. Right now it seems the manufactures like everyone else are just trying to hold on. Lifes a bitch sometimes and sometimes people need to find a new job. We all wish it was different, but it isn't. I own an 09 kawi and bought it last year to chase some of that Kawi money too.

4. ThrottleAbuse

As good as it sounds to be vengeful and screw the people who they don't like in Pro racing. The simple fact is the dudes that run the show at Kawi are far to smart and capable business men to let emotions get into the equation. What is it with people and conspiracy theories? To much TV?

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

you would think cutting out these major programs they would put some money back into club racing.

i did a quick search (http://www.motorcycledaily.com/021009pressrelease3.htm) and found that Kawi offered up $1.8 million for roadracing, includng pro racing.... how much of that is actually PAID OUT... just because you OFFER to pay the top X riders in X amount of classes, does not mean they are paying out. people on other brands win, and im sure there are events where they offer up $10k (at something like a wera event), and maybe $1000 of it is won.

it seems like they are cutting EVERY DOLLAR possible, and to me it doesnt seem like the contingency is their big problem... spending $10mil+ on MotoGP, or $5mil to run an AMA team.... thats a big expense that you can see. obviously.

"by cutting our contingency we are saving 1.8mil"....... um no you arent. you are saving probably less than half that.

6. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

then hopefully they will take some of the "play money" and give it to the R&D department to fix the front end on the 09 for 2011!! since they dont have to worry spending it on contingency..

P.S. let me know if you want some more Kawi's ( I wrench on 4 each year for the last 4 years making a living...now having to change)

7. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Well said sir! :beer:

8. penguinracing

penguinracing Active Member

Has anyone heard any semi-true rumors on Suzuki or Yamaha contingency for 2010? The Kawi deal is tough, mabey the other guys will still pay a little. Anything helps, I hope they dont wait until April....

9. SUZUKI34

SUZUKI34 Well-Known Member

I would not hold your breath. It doesn't sound good

10. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

praying for Suz to come through

11. SUZUKI34

Do you want to buy some Kawi bikes and parts? I have several things you might be interested in JW. :up:

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

13. Chip

Chip Registered

14. SUZUKI34

Yes!!!!!!

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

yes

16. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

In my experiences OEM can figure on paying 1/3 of the posted contingency. No more than 1/2 if you wanted to shoot it really safe.

The theory about DMG somehow being at fault is funny :) How's that logic hold up when you consider the other 3 big OEMs posted little contingency for 2009 (pre-DMG).

17. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

This sucks....I could have bought an 08 and saved some money.:down:

18. ThrottleAbuse

Yeah but then you would be riding the 08 and its not nearly as good a machine as the 09

19. Parkerson

Parkerson Kabahm

Hells Yeah, This is GREAT!!! Now I don't have to buy an 09' ZX6R!!!!!!

Ok, so that was sarcasm, this sucks... Thank God I'm in college :rolleyes:

20. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure DMG has nothing to do with the contingency issue (for any of the manufacturers). I blame it on the sad state of the economy and the fact that no one is buying sport bikes these days. Racers make up a small percentage of the overall sales volume of sport bikes and the squids are the majority.

Squids are not getting approved for loans anymore ---> sport bike sales are down ----> OEMs have to adjust budgets to compensate for the recent lack of income ----> race contingency gets trimmed or cut.

Blame the banks, money lenders, insurance companies, etc. but DMG??? Na!