1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review: HEROIC Racing Prototype Suit

Discussion in 'General' started by FiveOh, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your argument that you're doing it for reason other than they support you falls extremely flat. You did it to pimp a sponsor. You didn't do it for the betterment of the sport. There's nothing wrong with that but don't expect anyone to believe that your ad is anything but that.

2. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

Of course it's pimping a sponsor. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have posted this if they were not or that I was prodded to do this. Everything I posted is my honest opinion, including the two things I didn't like.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Classy. Your new sponsors should be proud.

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I haven't seen all that much attitude on this thread. If you post something like this in a public forum, you should expect people to post their opinion...you're getting your honest feedback, just like you asked for.

It's a nice looking suit, and you and your guys have positive things to say about it, so that's cool. That said, if I can buy a fully custom suit of equal quality from any number of known vendors (Syed, XES, Komodo) for less than the price of the OTR suit on the site, I see no value in it.

To answer your question re: how would I make a name for myself, I'd start by not pricing myself out of the market (although if this suit is domestically manufactured, then it's not quite as far out of range re: the price, but I doubt it is).

5. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

They are manufactured to order in Pakistan.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

A $1400 no name suit made in Pakistan? Where do I sign up?

7. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

1. Change the name

2. Lower the price

3. Hit Mongo up for a banner

4. Don't be OVO

8. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

I don't have any problem with people posting their opinions about the suit, the name, the price, whatever. I just think it's sad that some get all snide, sarcastic, and insinuate that I'm doing something shady.

9. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

FWIW, I didn't think it was shady, but it was a bit over the top for a product review. If it was toned down a bit I don't know if you'd be catching as much hell as you are.

10. FiveOh

FiveOh Well-Known Member

Noted. Next time around: "I got a new _____, I like it" :D

11. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

That's good, now work on the price. :beer:

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I just got a new Vanson. It's stiff as all hell, zipping the removable liner in place is a blind dexterity test and I still have no flipping idea how the hip pads go in... It only says 'vanson' 6 times. So far I like it.

Note to Vanson: I'll take my cash in large handfuls, thanks.

13. HEROICRacing

HEROICRacing Well-Known Member

-

HAHAHAHA... Lar Remsen is one of my sponsored riders. Thanks man for the word.

Reason suits suits higher price is due to the ingredients that go into the construction. I only use the highest grade of 1.4mm Brasilian cowhide in flex/break in points and 1.5mm in the impact crash zones. The suit is cut in a severe 4 point curve, with removable inner suit with built in Temper Foam Hip and Tailbone girdle. All carbon fiber and SS crash protection are first rate components. But, the stingray skin we use in our suits sets this apart. The skin is placed at all impact zones. Skin is most durable leather on the market. I use enough stingray in each suit to make a pair of cowboy boots, well one of the boots of the pair.

@ Patrick SportbikeSuperstore 85% of the manufacturers in the biz are manufacturing in Pakistan. There is junk that is made there and quality product made there as well.. It is how you direct the factory and input into the production. I am not ashamed of this fact. I have no complaints on quality, integrity or construction. Robertino Pietri, my main AMA guy is the wreckinest rider in the paddock. We didn't have one broken seam or integrity issues in any of the suits in his program this year and we had a LOT of wrecks.

The comment from the leather fellow leather manufacture that commented on the stretch. The proper name for quality stretch kevlar panels is in the name Schoeller. If it doesn't say Schoeller Stretch Kevlar, its probably not high quality. I didn't realize this would be a manufactures main concern, but we use 100% Schoeller stretch

Thread - We have used kevlar right twisted 4 ply thread on all our suits and gloves for last 4 years. I have not had any issues on popped seams. Kevlar has the highest resilience, burn-through and break point of almost every other available thread. We have switched all thread construction to Italian bonded right twisted 4 ply nylon. This thread offers similiar characteristics to Kevlar except that the downfall with Kevlar is that it doesn't stretch on impact. Bonded Nylon stretches and goes back to normal state on impact. Guaranteeing a higher level of seam integrity.

I too have worked in the fashion, garment industry for many years and I'm not just submitting orders, I order superior construction.

Not an ad, just chiming in.

14. bestrick

bestrick Member

Saw this suit at a recent track school. it looked pretty sharp! i still love my Alpinestars suit though!

15. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

Well, Road Racing World give me the oportunity to race with the brand of leathers I wanted for the 2010 season, and I am going to race with Heroic, the name... it's cool my friends , because if you get on bike and give your 100% you are a f.. hero, also, if a brand of leathers put up with my good friend Robertino Pietri, and his spectacular crashes , that brand deserves all my respect :bow:.

I think they have amazing products, belive me I have raced, with Berik, Alpinestars, 2009 Dainese, and I think Heroic is a fresh brand, cool people leading it, its a very good product, I'm not puting my ass on a product that cant help me out in a dangerous moment soo Im honored to race with this guys and I hope to work with them for many years. :beer:

16. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

I had been sponsored by many brands, and if I dont belive in something I will say it, like every time I had to put my AGV Helmet in all the 2009 AMA season , that Helmet sucks, But when you belive in a product, you will say it because you want to make that brand look good, I know FIVE O , his a great guy, and I know he is not full of IT, like some of the guys that insted of really doing something good for the sport , they only bitch about everything ... get a life SEE YA AT THE TRACK

17. funfetti

funfetti Banned

Cool post. Please purchase spell check software; or learn how to spell.

Please also explain why I should buy your off the rack suit for 1400 bucks, over a custom fit; reputable branded suit for less?

18. wicked1

wicked1 Faster than a Kenyan

Sponsors should have payed for spell check .....no

19. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

They have a cool name?

HAHAHAHAHA. Just post whoring.

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

you'd be surprised at just how many high end suits are manf. there.