1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up in Fontana??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jan 10, 2010.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

scottyyyyyy the big green rc51

3. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Dean, good on ya -- as our Aussie friends might say. I might say something profound about how you only get one lap in life -- like the old WSBK Superpole.

"Might's well make it a good 'un" is what they'd say around here, mebbe.

Dreb

4. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

Sorry this is a little late but Ben-E Taylor, Lightning Lex Hartl (who finished 1-2 in the 2009 GP125 class) and the "not so small anymore" Andre Ochs battled for 5 laps and within 2 seconds from each other... seprarating themselves from the others.

While leading, Taylor lowsided in turn 9 on the last lap as Hartl was making an inside pass. Hartl and Ochs sparred for the last half lap and Hartl's horsepower advantage edged out Ochs by a half a wheel at the finish!

Several new comers and returnees to this class for 2010 who looked suspiciously "fast" on their RS125's... including Joe Roberts, Tyler Linders, and Hunter Big Game Coffin. :up:

5. krod524

Go Tyler!!! :up:

6. krod524

Dean too! :up:

7. krod524

I hope you invited every one of them to round 2 @ Las Vegas Classic Course, January 30-31! :up:

8. Cash Vega

Cash Vega New Member

Hey Y'all.
    Got my MRI results today, and I'm not too happy about them. I have multiple fractures to my left shoulder blade. So, no racing for 5 weeks. I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to Vegas. I've never been on that track, and hear its a lot of fun. Oh, well could have been worse right?? Good luck to you all. Be super FAST, and finish upright.
    Deano 777

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That sucks! Does explain why it hurt so much.

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Heal fast Dean!!!

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Heal up and come out to this side of the Mississippi to race....the asphalt is softer...:)

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey Dean,
    Feel better quick and if you are bored, come out and watch the kids race.

Hey Britt,

Softer Asphalt...That's a good selling point. I'm actually doing the somewhat unthinkable. I'm sending my son away for a race without me or my wife being there. It will be his first time flying on an airplane by himself. He is going to check out the east coast scene at Taladega. He will feel like a pro, flying into the race with only his gearbag.:D

There are a lot of people I would like to meet out there from this board, but it is enough of a stretch on the budget to send him and rent a bike, so I can't make it.

His name is Tyler Linders and if any of you see him please go up and say Hi. He is number 48, but I'm not sure what number he will have there. The Gerloff's are kind enough to rent me a bike and offer tuning help, and Jon Boucher from NextMotoChampion.com is picking him up at the airport and driving him to the track.

Britt, Tryce, the Gerloff family, Clay, Mookie, Rocky Stargel, and Chip are all people I would like to meet in the southeast. Hopefully, our paths will cross someday.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Ouch. There's still Vegas in April however, and it is a blast. Pretty easy to learn, too.

Good luck on your healing.. remember, don't try anything with it until your doctor OK's. You cannot speed the process up.. you can only slow it down.

14. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Good luck on the healing. Streches are your friend when it comes to shoulders. The more they tighten up, the harder they are to get back to normal.

15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Okay... Now you are making me feel like even more of a dick for doubting your injury in an earlier post. :eek:

My son suffered through a fractured scapula last year (along with a broken collarbone and a few ribs). It's amazing that you were even able to get back on the bike at all after that fall. Justin was in quite a bit of pain for the first few weeks after getting hurt but he was back racing well short of the 12~14 weeks that his ortho surgeon originally estimated.

Don't rush it and do what the doctors tell you.

I hope to see racer Dean at a track again soon. :up:

16. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

And you raced on that shit!!
    C'mon, it must have been for the cameras right?

17. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

if you don't heal quick though Tophyr will run up to you and rub in all the things that you can't do though. haha. (happened to me at Fontana................real funny...:tut: haha)