1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mulholland Hwy

Discussion in 'General' started by funfetti, Jan 9, 2010.

1. funfetti

funfetti Banned

Good lord are there a lot of wrecks on this road. Just cruising youtube, there's hours of content to view. Overwhelming majority of it are lowsides from not getting off the bike enough...

but this one seriously made me LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkalHQ6eRVw

He's blipping the throttle through the curve? OH MY...

2. 97BladeRider

97BladeRider Too old for this sh!t

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

4. funfetti

funfetti Banned

I should be OK :)

5. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

Wow! talk about target fixation! That guy on the standard bike with the yellow jacket got wailed!:)

6. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

At least he was smart enough to hit the rear brake. Those front ones will kill ya every time! :crackup:

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

So what's worse: smacking a guardrail with your rear brake locked up or getting thrown down a cliff?

What a maroon that guy was, but I'm glad he was able to walk away.

9. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

At least he didn't grab a handful of front brake and lawn dart himself into the guard rail.

10. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I remember that road. That was fun and going to the Rock Store for breakfast on Sundays was always a good time. I myself had a crash on Mulholland on my F3 thanks to a big rock in the road.

Another good ride was the Angeles Crest Highway up to Newcomb's Ranch. But Mulholland was more easily accessible from where I lived so that's where I did most of my riding when I lived in Cali. Even road up the PCH the first summer I lived there to go to the WSB races at Laguna Seca.

I guess Cali was good for that anyway. lol

11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

At least some of them are wearing back protectors over their tee shirts:rolleyes:

12. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

:up:

13. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

14. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I heard recently that one of the videographres that sets up there has an "accomplice" who throws sand in the apex of one turn so that he can get more crash shots. Anybody else heard of that? Some of those videos make me wonder how the rider fell. (Most are pretty obvious lack o' skillz.)

15. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

wow...... looks like someone (lots of someones) need to go to a track......

16. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

that is just the crashers not being man enough to admit defeat.