1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bazzaz AFM help!!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vito2279, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Probee255

Probee255 Well-Known Member

hey vic are you still in need of the instructions?

i think we still have that stuff from robs ama 600rr we had last year

let me know

2. pelich

pelich Member

Quote :Question is ... I heard the O2 sensors don't last long on these. If I go with a used AFM will the sensor most likely be bad or is the previous word untrue? If it is bad, how will I know? Can the O2 sensor from the AFM be replaced and for how much? I thought I read AutoZone for $50 but not sure if it disconnects from the AFM or not.

Here is a link that explains it:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200622&highlight=bazzaz&page=8

and here O2 sensor :

http://www.oxygensensor.net/widebandsensors.php

part #17205

3. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

Make sure you always clear out the data after you apply it! If you just let it go you will get a terrible map and it will cut out and pop and run like crap, not that i have ever done that or anything :Poke:

4. Mulatto

Mulatto Active Member

Can you use one z-AFM unit on two of your bikes? What I mean is, if both bikes have Bazzaz z-Fi units, can I plug the AFM unit into one, map it, take it off and plug it into the other and map it WITH the map in the first bike being stored on the z-Fi and still working perfectly? Or does the AFM unit always have to be plugged in (even without O2 sensor hooked up) for the new map to function correctly?

I hope that makes sense...it does in my head :confused:

5. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Yes. The AFM is not what stores the map, the bikes Z-FI does, so if you have 2 bikes, with 2 seperate ZFi's, you can use 1 AFM to do them both.

I see them (AFM's) for sale all the time. Some folks buy them, map their bike, then sell it to the next person :)

6. Mulatto

Mulatto Active Member

Thanks.

7. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

grrrr... So why didn't you send it with the unit. I should smack you up side the head. better yet, I'll have Rob do it!

8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Newb alert, haha. Just messing with ya Jason.

9. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

I know... I finially gave up trying to remember my username & password form 5+ years ago and just re-signed up.