1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here like roller skating?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 97BladeRider

97BladeRider Too old for this sh!t

Been skating since I was about 9 and I still skate. Competed in inline speed up until 2007 when I tore the MCL in my right knee.

I still have a pair of full custom inline speed skates (Did foot molds for the carbon fiber boots. The skates cost about $1600.)
    [​IMG]

and a pair of quad jam skates.
    [​IMG]

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, if you don't mind riding in the rain.

I've only been there once, stay at a friend's in Palo Alto for a few days around Christmas 1994. It rained for 11 straight days.

3. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

60 degrees, sunshine and blue skies today...going for a ride for sure!

(After several rainy/drizzly days)

Peter

4. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I speed skated from age 9-15. Then beer and girls seemed to get in the way of training. I recently started showing up to my local rinks practices. It's a great way to get a cheap off season racing fix. It's also a great work out. I noticed that I had way more riding stamina this year after skating all last winter.

5. zracer196

zracer196 Well-Known Member

Sean Cassell?? Where are you? He is a QUAD master!

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You guys and your high tech shit.
    When I raced, wooden wheels were the shitz!

7. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

My ex-wife got roller blades and skated right under a bus. F--ed her up pretty bad, but unfortunately she survived.

I think I'll go get a pair of blades in her size and send them to her for a late Christmas gift. Just to show that I'm still thinking of her :)

8. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I roller skated from 12 to 24 yrs old. Speed and Hockey (wood wheels). Met my 1st 2 wives at the roller rink. Tdub

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

11. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Did you use Bostik or did thy resin the floor?
    Only did one hockey event. We were supposed to be racing in London,Onterio
    but the meet was canceled. So the rink owners supplied us with gear to play hockey.

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Hell I don't remember, that was 35 years ago:crackup: Our home rink was a wood floor, but we traveled quite a bit with the speed and hockey. The girls seemed easily impressed with a good 8 wheel slide:up: Tdub

14. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I skated 3 nights a week from about 10-17 years old,still have my old oberhamers w/xk-4 plates,fafnir bearings & zinger wheels!.Been skating w/my sis one night a week off & on but it kills my back the next day!

Looking to upgade to a newer outfit as mine are too small,anybody know anything about Bont quad boots?I have read that the newest Riedell stuff isn't very good.

15. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

I can roller skate with the best of them!! haha (riedell 911 jammers)