Sharkskins superbike tails don't fit???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by WayneDangerous, Dec 28, 2009.

1. WayneDangerous

WayneDangerous Well-Known Member

I thought Sharkskins were the best? I got a superbike tail for a 06 600/750 and there is a huge gap all around where the tail meets the tank. I'm going to have to find much, much longer bolts to secure it on the sides. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? My other plastics are much cheaper and fit like a glove. Why in the world are they made so much bigger than needed? Thoughts please... (my camera died)

2. rmzboy517

rmzboy517 Well-Known Member

they are made to bolt over your tank side pannels

3. WayneDangerous

Even with the tank panels, it's not flush at all. Just live with it I guess... Thanks for the reply.

4. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

mine's the same way.. serves it's purpose and has held up well the few times they've been crash tested.. try to get you some sort of spacer so you don't pull them too tight

5. WayneDangerous

Thanks for the responses. I've got the spacers that came with it so I'll use those. The kid I bought the plastics from wrecked em twice and they held up well. I give SharkSkins their props for durability but why not make them fit better???

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Call Sharkskinz and ask them. That's what you should have done in the first place. Their stuff is always top notch. Maybe there's a reason you had an issue.