Anyone into RC planes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Dec 17, 2009.

1. bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347 Major League Infidel

I have the Blade MSR as well, good little heli and works great for tormenting the dogs...

2. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

XFBO Flying in circles can get boring once you've mastered flight but, there's alot more to it if you stick with it long enough to be able to "3D" (Flying high alpha etc..below stall speed) Check out www.flyinggiants.com to see what the sports has evovled into. There are a few co's making 50 and 60% ARF's now.

3. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

4. Seven+2 1's

Seven+2 1's Well-Known Member

Dude, that is the sickest stuff I've ever seen with a RC heli (I've never really watched any for what it matters). Your control of that thing, being just a few feet off the ground, it absolutley amazing. Please join the military and sign up for the drone program for the prototype fighters (jets or heli's).:rock:

5. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

This guys pretty good too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcSd1dQ81Hs&feature=fvsr

6. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool stuff, what class were you national champion in, TOC? I did some turnaround pattern stuff back when I was a kid. (only competed locally) I miss the old school pattern planes that were super fast. (Curare's, Pheonix series etc)

7. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

good to hear. I just picked up a supercub for m- errr - my son. :D

8. Seven+2 1's

Seven+2 1's Well-Known Member

WTF OMG:wow::bow:

I'm not kidding, I thought the camera was on X's 2 speed until I heard them talking. Seriously, I have no words to discribe that..........................:wow::wow:

9. gix

gix jigga who?

here is another awesome testing video of the same guy (alan szabo jr.) ...hes the best in the biz..

and if you have never seen how the freestyle competitions go...here is a cool example....all i can describe it as is figure skating for dudes..

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  10. PlaneForSale

PlaneForSale New Member

Nice Radio Controlled Gas Airplane 5ft Wingspan 316-295-8489

This is a ultra stick 60 size airplane with a super tigre .61 engine. It has all jr servos and 2 6-channel radios along with another receiver and 7 servos, two extra crystals (channel 31 & 50) along with all that you see in the pictures. I just show one flight box but have 3. all chargers, batteries tools, starters, glow plugs i could go on and on but the main thing is the bird. It has 7 servos on it now with flaps but have the full ailirons if someone wanted to change them out. A 2700 battery. And it flys like its on rails. See what you think and give me a call. My name is Kyle D. McNally and you can call me anytime 316-295-8489

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      503.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      459.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      487.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      475.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      503.2 KB
      Views:
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Almost forgot about this thread........really, I mean no insults about power flight, like I said earlier, I've never done it but a lot of the old timers in the club I belonged to did so I was just repeating what Ive heard over the yrs.

Competition is probably was got me addicted to world of silent flight. I was so geeked about the hobby that I actually hung out at the field helping out, watching and learning for a month or so before they let me join.

I own a handlaunch (60"), 2M and 3M.....all made of f/g fuselages and obechi skinned foam wings with ailerons, flaps, elevator and rudder (or Vtail).

For each type of plane, we used to have thermal duration competitions..........that would be several rounds (3-5) each having a different time (usually starting off at 3min working your way up to 10min, conditions played a part in this) aside from the time goal, you also had a landing area with a 15' ribbon where your landing would receive additional scoring. For the time duration portion, every second over or under that allotted time reduced your score 1sec=1pt, so a 3min round = 180pts, the clock stopped once the glider touched the ground. The landing would add a possible additional 100pts to the duration score, which would separate the men from the boys. :D

So aside from the challenge of keeping that sailplane in the sky due to the different weather conditions every time out and partaking in the competitions, you'd be surprised how much fun it can get.

The more I reflect, the more I miss participating in that hobby!