1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaters Sometimes Never Win

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Nov 2, 2009.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Am I the only one that did a double take at "sometimes never" in the thread title?

2. seemed pretty normal.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I assumed it was intentional.

4. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

I would stay AM. for 1 more year.Even though you had 8 podiums the amount of races you ran to me doesn't seem like enough experience to be racing with the experts yet.You'll get more experience,have more fun fighting for wins and possibly win a championship as AM. next year then go expert.Just my 2 cents.:D

5. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I told Henry. I could run around mid pack Expert but I still didn't feel comfortable racing at that level. Those guys have years of experience. I could still have a brain fart and mess something up. Not that Amateur is any safer, but at least I'm near the front.

The title was intentional. Guess I'm not funny.

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Missed that part. My bad.

7. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

That's his buddy. They pit next to each other actually

8. spcassell

They raced out of the same shop. I was told it cost $1,200 for the weekend just for the mechanics to be there working on your bike......Ouch.

That didn't include gas, tires and entry fees.

9. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Don't you know it allways cost more to work on a 600 with a 750 cheater motor in it.

J/K

10. spcassell

I guess they had to bring in a special mechanic with "tiny hands" to work on the top of the motor.

Suzuki 750's have a longer stroke right.....

11. graham

graham Guest

I was told Juan Camilo Correa got bumped to EX, seems 2 or 3 off pace..still fast for a AM.

12. spcassell

He was bumped after they found out he was leading points in the Columbian professional series.

Last time out he was top five expert in every race he finished. Mostly third and fourth place finishes.

13. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

I'm not familiar with CCS rules and their contingency policies, so pardon me for jumping in to a CCS conversation, but...

Isn't the guy basically just screwing himself out of contingency money by not racing expert?

14. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

And exactly what value does an Amateur/Novice championship have?? It means your the best of the class that the fast guys aren't allowed to to compete in. BFD.
    When I started racing my only goal was to get rid of that damn yellow plate. It's inconceivable to me that someone would voluntarily stay Am/Nov if they had any chance to go Expert.

15. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

winning novices get more contingency money then 5th place experts in any organization

16. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

I must have missed that somewhere. :Poke:

17. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

Other then OEM money, hes pretty much correct.

18. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

and unless you can run consistently top 3 in the most competetive classes expert OEM money is few and far between also.

19. spcassell

I would be lucky to finish top ten. Let alone top five (alot of people would have to wreck for this to happen). There would be no money. Finishing up front Amateur at least pays for some tires and gas.

20. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

Well here is the truth, Juan Camilo correa , was not bumped by Henry he ask to race in the expert class, how do I know that, because I was the one to talk to Henry , because Juan Camilo wanted to race with the best and by the way , belive it or not , he really was an Amature, this is his second season racing with us in Colombia, he was leading the championship because Martin and I didnt race the first race, we where racing A.M.A., he has not won a race in Colombia ever, so I think he was just a fast amateur, the thing is that in Colombia we can do track days almost every weekend and for a price that you wont belive.

Santiago Villa

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009