1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Chip

Chip Registered

Vestal makes some cool stuff...

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The bands give out. Other than that. :up:

3. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I like this one-off Blancpain based on their Fifty Fathoms piece used by the US Navy and Jacques Cousteau back in the day:

[​IMG]

4. Munch

Munch Well-Known Member

Anyone have recommendations for watch display case or auto winders?

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Link?

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Frank, when you see one of those deals on an Tag F1 Chrono or a Carrera Twin time, let me know. :)

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

60mm lol... holy crap man that is gigantic!!

I had a 52mm and it looked like something FlavaFlav would wear around his neck!

A minute repeater is on www.awatchforyou.com today for a good price... they're so cool.

9. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

http://www.blancpain.com/

Some general info on the brand (even though it's Wiki - it is actually accurate and generally well written): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blancpain

The specific watch mentioned earlier: http://www.blancpain.ch/e/news/500_fathoms_only_watch

I did a lot of research on watch complications before I bought one and I had it narrowed down to a Patek, Franck Muller and Blancpain. I was amazed by the skill and craftsmanship of their complications and the accuracy of something totally mechanical that is hand made.

The Patek's just weren't sturdy enough for everyday use and the Muller's were just too fugly (and expensive). I liked the Blancpain's design as they was overall smaller, had an excellent selection of chronographs (which I really wanted) and yet are durable for everyday use.

YMMV
    :beer:

10. Eye-p

Eye-p Full Spectrum Power

Is that a release on the left side?

11. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

I skipped over the G Shock & bought this instead... so far flawless

[​IMG]

12. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Hey Chip, so far my vestal is holding up. That one is slightly heavy but when people see it that all say hey, i like your watch. Its just different and simple, not flashy, and most importantly inexpensive. BUT I REALLY hope I find a motogp tissot to buy myself for xmas.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Still haven't pulled the trigger, but this is the only one that blows up my skirt now.

[​IMG]

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I love watches by Ball, their lume technology is incredible...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just got an email a few minutes ago from Tag advertising the Monaco V4.... Wow.

16. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

I like my Rolex Submariner, I changed the band to a presidential band..Has a mother of pearl face..I dont wear it everyday but its SWEET!
    Breitling watches are nice, But they have a hug face That im not crazy about.

17. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love to watch...

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Way too subtle and old school for me.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly why I like it :D

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Did you feed my bug before you gave me my avatar? Mine's bigger than yours.