1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaded Race Gas Prices in NYC Area

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by KrooklynSV, Nov 16, 2009.

1. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I'm looking to get into 2Ts (finally), but need the current costs of leaded race fuel to make the numbers work. The numbers I can see are 5-gal of VP C12 for $70, which is unbelievable considering I remember seeing numerous people talk about it being ~$6-8/gal. Anybody got some recent prices (locations too would be great)? Thanks.

2. stud100spray

stud100spray Active Member

IIRC, my buddy paid about that for his C12 for his 125. This was about a month ago at Downs Ford in Toms River, NJ...

Hope that helps.

3. dan blankenship

dan blankenship Well-Known Member

100 LL Av gas from your local private airport is a lot cheaper and works just fine after you jet to it. Specific Gravity of the fuel is about the same for both and it costs between $3 to $5/gal. Since the fuel is made by one company no matter what the brand is it is the same fuel anywhere in the country. A lot of the dirt riders are using it and I am running it in my 4 stroke twin, burns clean but a little hotter than pump. Also it is not an oxygenated fuel and the lead content is a bit lower than C12 so it will not lead foul the plugs as soon. Also since AV Gas rating does not use the RON/MON method to rate fuel the equivalency rating from what I have read is almost a 130 octane RON/MON fuel. So at 240 PSI static pressure I am getting no death rattles and it burns really clean.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  4. Doug De Keyrel

Doug De Keyrel Well-Known Member

Look up R-Tech fuels. There R110 is great for 2 strokes.

GOD BLESS

5. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Those prices are better than the C12 prices I've been seeing. Nothing close to NYC though. :(

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Screw the av gas for your 2T. VP 110 is pretty affordable. I can't believe some are still using the av gas when better fuels are available. JMO Tdub

7. dan blankenship

Better??? Screw burning a massive hole in the wallet for a couple of HP when I can go buy more track time and get faster. I'd run pump in it but I got a little happy with decking the head...and I love the grunt of the cam timing. And at the end of the day I don't have to pump the AV Gas out of the tank as it will not hurt any of the parts in the fuel system.

And for half the price it works just as well as the VP 110.

8. THIRTY4

THIRTY4 Well-Known Member

Huuuuuummmm....."cam timing"? Now I'm really confused. :confused:

Don

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

No it doesn't!

10. dan blankenship

Referring to my four stroke motor...depending on how you set the cams up will determine how much air is trapped, where in the stroke, and when it is released. With a static pressure of 240 PSI the motor really barks. With my 250 2 stroke dirt bike I rearranged the ports on it to better spread the power and decked it to get a better quench.

11. dan blankenship

Oh...that's right...it doesn't have the extra 3 HP and high cost to help with the slow lap times....or it doesn't help sales!! :)

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

This is one of the Stupidest post I've seen.

VP110 is a very good choice, its $7 a gallon at the local vendor and a great all around fuel.

Isn't thar a law making it illegal to buy AV gas for other purposes? Anyway its designed for a different application and isn't really suited for the high RPM of a 125 or 250.

13. Brooklyn67

Brooklyn67 Well-Known Member

KrooklynSV...the best place to get leaded race fuel close to NYC is:

Sunoco in Patterson, NJ -- they sell the 110 Sunoco Purple (very similar to VP C12), and it's about $7-$8/gallon

Action Yamaha in Edison, NJ -- they sell 5 gallon cans of VP C12, but they are a little expensive (about $70-$75 a can).

If you're going to the track (CCS) during the season, Arnie Hastings is the local VP distributor and his prices are good. I know he's on this board and you should get on his mailing list.

If you need just a little bit of race leaded to do get your bike running or something (like 1/2-1 gallon), I have some and I'm located in Brooklyn.

14. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

^ Thanks Brooklyn! That's exactly the information I was looking for. :up:

15. arcdeducati

arcdeducati Active Member

Whud up Krooklyn :up:. Funny I found you here as it's my first time exploring this forum. There's a place off the southern state out be me of the Hempstead Ave exit. They have 100 and 110, but I'm not sure of any other details. I'll check it out for you next time I drive by.

16. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Word. See if it's leaded 110 and the price por favor. :up:

17. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

If you are this concerned about the amount of money the fuel will cost, GP bikes are not for you.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that. A 125 doesn't cost anymore to run than a "big bike" as long as you can work on them yourselves...and it's not that hard.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They have sunoco out here in pumps too at the same price range and I couldn't tell any difference between it and C12 on my son's RS125.

20. dan blankenship

Yeah...and your still here. As far as illegal...wouldn't know, told the people at the counter at the airfield what I wanted and what I was doing and they pointed me to the pump and took my money, pretty simple...pretty stupid. As far as the fuel goes....gas is gas, the specific gravity of the AV Gas is the same as your precious VP C12, evap is a little lower and the lead content is not as high. One step cooler on the plug and some minor timing and fuel tweaks and it was good to go. And since they are both non oxygenated I seriously doubt there is going to be any major HP differences.

Bet the next thing you'll be at bat for is motorcycle specific oil...Oh by the way...spell check works good for fucktards.