Hawk GT tire choices, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by 771, Feb 20, 2001.

1. 771

771 Active Member

I just aquired an all stock, blue hawk gt (mainly for my girlfriend) and I was wondering what sizes will work on the stock hoops. It has a 110/80 up front and a 150/70 in back. I know there have to be a couple people out there who have ridden or still ride one of these things....anyone? Almost any advice will be appreciated.

2. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

pete. are you gonna race that? :huh?:

3. wera122

wera122 Guest

If she's only going to ride it on the street, stick with the stock tire sizes. There's a reason Honda spends millions on R&D for bikes and put those size tires on them.

If you're gonna race it, get an F2 front end and VFR rear end on that puppy. Anything you do will certainly look better than Stickboy's Heap, um, I mean Hawk.

4. 771

771 Active Member

yeah, I thought the stock sizes would be best, but I was thinking I might finally have something to do with my leftover DUNLOP takeoffs.

No, I won't be racing it. I have a 140 horsepower zx9 for that. I wish I could get a new gsxr, but that will have to wait. Until then I'm just going to do a couple races on the track bike, the trusty old f2, maybe I'll break out the nine hundred at Road A. for that other org.

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

The only other org racing at RA this year is the AMA.

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

What races are you planning on doing? Hopefully we'll see you at Roebling next month. I plan on hitting every round in the SE series this year.

Stop by and have a beer!

7. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

a-a-a-hh-hh-em-m--m [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

Tom, you better have alot of beer!!! [​IMG]

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

my hawk is not a heap. it is.....visually challenged. i have the f2 front end so i run a 120, but for the stock front use a 110. the rear can hold a 160 or 170 also. the 170 may stand it up too much for the little lady. depends on how tall she is. the f2 wheel can go in the hawk front with just the wheel and the proper spacers to make the stock rotor line up. the hawk rotor will mount to the f2 wheel. oh yeah ive got tires that will fit it e-mail me.

[This message has been edited by stickboy274 (edited 02-22-2001).]

10. Kevin Barker

Kevin Barker Well-Known Member

11. Tracee Polcin

Better yet stick a GSXR750 on it and leave the rear wheel alone. A good friend has his set-up like that and it's one of the trickest Hawks in the SE.

12. wera122

wera122 Guest

If you'd actually show up at a race once in a while, I'd have a beer for you. If you show at Roebling next month, I'll see if I have an extra I can spare. [​IMG]

13. 771

771 Active Member

Thanks for all advice. I'll be in touch with you stick about a front tire.

If the other org. doesn't go to Road A. then I'm not sure where I'll ride the 9 besides Daytona. I'll definitly do wera races when I can on the old 600. Roebling, Talladega, and VIR for sure. I'll be in Aspen for March 25th though, so I'll see you at the next one.

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, sure Aspen is cool and all, but you haven't been on the track since the GNF. You need to get your priorities straight hippie! [​IMG]

15. 771

771 Active Member

Correction: I went to Daytona for ROC Mr. fast Guy. I took both the cbr and the zx9. Coming through the tri oval on the nine, as it was 500 rpm into redline with stock gears, I glanced down at the speedo and it read nearly 190. My priorities are to kick some ass and drink some beer. With that said, no need to worry about me, I'll do just enough races to finish top 15 and get my invite to the big show, all on my trusty old tired but true F2. By the way, anyone want to buy an awesome F2?

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

Just a word of friendly advice. You might wanna show up soon. The novice class has raised the bar this year and there are some wicked fast dudes out there. Not to mention your tired F2 vs. the new Gixxer 600 ain't much of a contest.

If you run the same lap times you ran last year, you'll be lucky to finish top 15 this year. I'm not joking! [​IMG]

17. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

what time is the drinking lite lit? [​IMG]
    in all cerealness, nothin' will stop me from being at roebling this here next round....garon-teed [​IMG]

18. 771

771 Active Member

Just a word of friendly advice. You might wanna show up soon. The novice class has raised the bar this year and there are some wicked fast dudes out there. Not to mention your tired F2 vs. the new Gixxer 600 ain't much of a contest.[/B][/QUOTE]

Just a friendly word of advice Tom, all the wicked fast dudes are all sandbaggers.

And with regards to the slow piece of shit F2 I race, don't be makin fun of my bike. That's my job when I lose. Anyways I'm sure I'll be scraping the paint off a couple gsxr's as I'm making room in the turns. Watch out. My bike didn't cost ten grand and you can certainly tell.

19. 771

771 Active Member

See you soon. [​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep in mind that he only says have a beer not that he'll actually provide said beer [​IMG]