1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage wrap up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VVRONGO, Nov 12, 2009.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

thats funny....talk about a lynch mob.

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

:D, No, But it is a real shame that this kind of drama overcomes how great Vintage racing is. I rarely miss the vintage action when the likes of Joyce an Roper are competing. It really is some of the best racing ever when the grids are full and the Avons are hot

:beer:

3. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Dude you've been out awhile.....its Dunlop KR's now..!!!

Yeah watching roper,tim and mooney run 1:40.-1:41's on on 1960 norton single with skinny-ass tires and drum brakes is fun to watch.

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

:crackup:, Yep its been awhile, I rode one of Rustys TZ350's up at summit few years back......i couldnt get off that thing fast enough.

:beer:

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

meant to say 1:40s at barber.

John Long came back to daytona this year and rode a beautiful tz750 and was flying! Love the old tz's.

6. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Tim is actually a cool dude...except he rides diesels.....british diesels at that!!:crackup:

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Fellas:

It's a good place to stop, why not stop now? Enough riders and supporters have chimed in, and also the Czar and Mongo. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. It can wait until another day, there's always another day and certainly better economic times ahead. Sometimes, progress is a slow and deliberative process, so why not practice some diplomacy here?

I'm looking forward to rejoining WERA Vintage in 2010, maybe there won't be 65,000 screaming spectators or 45 bikes on the grid in my classes, and that's cool because this ain't MotoGP and i'm not young anymore. We're keeping these bikes alive, we're hopefully enjoying the comraderie, and WERA gives us time and space to do this thing. Let's encourage other riders to join us.

Are we not men?

8. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Tim is still my hero!:up:

#156 Well-Known Member

That goes double for me !! My friend and mentor and most competitive guy i ever raced with ! :beer:

10. joec

joec brace yourself

how the hell did i miss that??

11. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Hey look, a whole gang of people calling you a dick. Is it still just me?

Anyway...bullshit. You're an asshole just about 100% of the time when people disagree with the way you run things. It doesn't matter if they're right or not and it doesn't matter how they approach you...only an asshole treats customers the way you do, especially on this forum.

I mean really...is it more likely that the multitudes of people to whom you're a dick are deserving, week in and week out, year after year, or is it more likely that you're just an asshole? Do you think it's a huge coincidence that once every few weeks you're calling a customer an idiot, or telling them that they have no idea what they're talking about and should STFU, or telling them that if they don't like it they should go elsewhere? Just how many of these bad customers are there?

Judging by the many conversations I've had with racers at the track in the 4+ years I was racing, I'd say you 'd be stunned to find out how many people share this sentiment. Hell, your being a dick is probably one of the top 5 topics on any given Saturday night...top 10 for sure.

If I'm wrong about that, I hope some racers who have been around for a few years will post and tell me about how they never hear this, and how you're always a nice guy who treats his customers with the respect they deserve (what with having paid for it). Unlike you, I welcome discourse when people disagree with me, provided it's done in a reasonable manner.

On a side note, if there is one post by you in the entire history of this forum in which you say something like "you know, I've thought about it, and I was wrong to react the way I did to that. I apologize to [customer in question], and in the future, I will do my best to do a better job dealing with [whatever the subject is]" I'll take it all back. Surely in all of the years you've been doing this there has been one situation like this?

The point is this: a quality person is capable of considering the idea that "hey, maybe it is me." Give it a shot. Times are too tough, racing is too awesome, and WERA is too valuable to too many people to slowly kill it by alienating your paying customers.

12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I think the best thing for the future is for you and your VRC cronies (that want to turn back the clock) is to go away. You have offered no solid input on this tread. You and the minority have grabbed the wheel of the vintage bus, locked the doors, blocked the exits, shot the passengers in the knee and are attempting to drive the bus off the cliff (while on fire)... laughing the whole time.

In fact, you are, to me, what is clearly wrong with racing and vintage racing in general. No amount of talent you posses will make up for the vile and hate that comes from your posts. You take no gratitude or thanks in having the ability to race or be with fellow racers, to enjoy what very little of the of the riding public (or general public) will experience or even attempt to understand. We are a family (disfuctional at times). You are the poster child of what the modern races view as 'one of those bitching vintage guys'. And you are reaping what YOU sow. You and your like should go and and habitat another org and pollute those already oiled waters. Because you belong there.

If I was Ev and Shawn, I would have cut your ass loose at least 1 season ago. No license, no forum, nothing. You are the 10% of those that, after the VRC days, more than likely bitching than helping, and perceive your bitching as helping. It isn't. Suck on that.

So in summary, go away. You want to make a difference? Buy WERA Vintage from Ev. I'm sure she will let it go, after all this. Then you and your fucked up buddies can take all the money you stashed away from bitching about gates fees and whatever else, start over and plow that self-made paper plane into the ground. I'm sure WERA will bail your ass out when you ruin that, too.

As far as the positive comments, keep them coming. I'm sure Seam might see some changes or at least keep vintage around for 2010.
    WERA #414

Thank you very much for saying that! as someone whos not races because i there no WERA down here,YET!!LOL! But as someone whos been with WERA since i started racing and like the chance to race! If you have no place to race you will think different than you do now! Melch well you won a championship because you went faster than everyone else i Wera! But you forget that WERA was where you won it and without Ev and sean and WERA COULD you be a national champ? I have never met you but i thought i was an asshole! Well to think something and then say it well! heres what i do if you feel so strongly tell it to his face!I would! Its a shame.We are all people and sean is who he is.And yes Wera is a dictatorship! Its should be! thats how it works! Its there $!You guys should help not hurt! This is a hobby for us and a business for them! Now ask E-Boz or Mayfield how much a asshole i am and they will tell you a big one,but i would never say anything about someone with out saying it to there face! Its called being a man!!Keyboard dicks should go somewhere else! I want to race! I want to race vintage! I want to have fun! you guys are killing it for those of us who want spend our $ with WERA! Just remember its not solving world peace or world problems,Its just motorcycle racing! Have a nice night and take care!

Steven Isenhower VFR #52
    2nd Sucks Racing

13. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

I have been around WERA for more than a few years. Among other things, I have raced WERA vintage as well. I have seen Sean admit he was wrong on more than one occasion. Sean and Evelyne do a great job running WERA year after year. If I had to put up with as much shit as Sean gets, I probably wouldn't be as nice as he is. If you have a personal problem with Sean why don't you take it up with him privately?

Rocky Stargel

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I havent seen that much drivel since the cookie monster kicked big bird in the shin

:crackhead:

15. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

1800 post and no races under your name? come on.:)

16. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

So... I've started and deleted a few of these over the weekend and I'm going to try to make this one work. WERA is my family. EVERYBODY at WERA does a fantastic job running the events! Just like I don't expect perfection from my siblings or parents, I don't expect perfection from WERA.

I'm sorry for my "Steaming pile of shit" anology. I posted rather late and after more than a few glasses of wine. I should have known better. I think the OP was way out of line with the mean spirited personal attacks. I thought it uncanny though that every attack he made was based on a real issues, some minor, some more serious, but real issues. Sadly, I went a little overboard in my reply and others went way farther. My intent wasn't hate or a personal attack, but rather genuine relief that this was out in the open for discussion.

In spite of all the hate and bs this thread has gone through, it's good to see that some are trying to be positive. Are things perfect? No. Can they be better? Sure. I sure hope you guys decide to keep WV going.

I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to be sharing my ideas on how to make WV better without spending any more $$$ after being thrown in the "disgruntled ex-vrc croonies" pool, but I'll share them regardless.

1. Fewer races- Looks like we're doing this, great!
    2. Rule book typos- pretty minor stuff, but 5 years in a row is pretty silly. This stuff is easy compared to the day to day stuff you guys do. If you can't get to it, delegate. At this point, I would say you have no shortage of volunteers. (Let me be the first!)
    3. Rule change requests- This was the most time consuming part of being on the vrc and I feel Seans pain. Scott wrote some nice verbiage that streamlines the whole process and keeps it pretty structured. I'd look into that.
    4. Protests- That Jim and Joe Seca thing wasn't handled very well. (is it even put to bed yet???) Shouldn't be any difference in a Vintage protest than modern.
    5. 2 day race weekend- This isn't something that I feel strongly about, but it sure seems like there's a lot of interest! For sure, I would go if there was one! It might not be feasible, but there seems to be a lot of people motivated to make it work. You might want to consider trying to make it work.
    6. Maybe it's not possible, but the whole "your on this side, now your on that side" thing at Road just kinda sucks. As poor as attendence is, why can't we just pack it all in together? Why not go back to the other side? I think integration with modern is better than segregation.
    7. Also might not be possible, but having the gnf on a thurs has been such a pain these past 15 years. It's a struggle every year to take off half the week right at the begining of OND. This year, with everyones #'s in the shitter, I had a VERY long, uncomfortable talk with my employer about "my stupid hobby." I know many just plain can't get the time off. With suzuki bailing out this year it seemed like a perfect opportunity to move everything up a day and have to only miss one day of work. Being combined with the practice day wasn't very thrilling, but I'm sure it was neccessity as the practice day never generates much $$$ and we already know the WV accounts for less than 10% of the till. I really belive that the turnout would be better if the gnf were on a friday.
    8. Trophy presentation should be more consistant. It would be nice to see you guys at more of them as well. SE seems to be the only place that does them.

I'm sure there's more, but I've deleted and retyped this thing a dozen times and I just want to wrap it up. Sorry for the dick-ish first post. Hope we can work everything out. I'd much rather be part of the solution than the problem, so let me know what I can do.

Mark

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Steve...its already been killed for you. No more SW region anytime soon...RPM's gone VRC's gone. There hasent been any indication that Ev is even cosidering it. In the meantime...ballroom dancing can be big fun!!...chicks dig it!!:up:

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well truth be told im working on getting it back! And Thanks you for being kind enough to offer wine when i truly was down about losing! I am a sore loser!LOL! 2nd Sucks!!LOL! And family should stick together! Its all we have in the end!!

Steven Isenhower VFR #52
    2nd Sucks Racing

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

WERA is a private business, not a government or a country.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

DAM tim slap me in the face why dont ya!

in 2 years of running the AHRMA dirt track show, only ONE event was a 1 day show!

in quite a few cases, i had 3 race weekends.

friday night, saturday night, and sunday.

get your facts straight old man.:moon: