1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vintage wrap up

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VVRONGO, Nov 12, 2009.

1. melch

melch V7 Pusher

No its not interesting.However the very fact that you would say something like that prove's my point that you dont think before you open your big mouth..If I had to guess I would say you have an IQ of about 45.I am talking about you personally and the way you talk to and treat your customers.The only comment about business,had to do with how you evidently think 10% is nothing and a waste of your time.

You are definetly a spoiled little bitch.Otherwise your speak would be completly different.You need to be thrown out in the real world.I guess the thing is I am not intimidated by you as you expect your customers to be which is sad.

Anyway,whatever.........I just hope you can eventually see how you come accross on the forum as a whole.Take vintage out of it.If nothing else in the general section.There is no need in it.Shit,be polite.If you know your gonna inflame dont push that button.Treat people with respect.

This would be a great start.Why dont you treat people as Chuck would.Yeah pretend your Chuck.He would never ever treat anyone like you do.Muchless a customer.Try that and see the overflow of respect you would get.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Melch if you really want to get into an IQ pissing match we can but you'll be sorely disappointed....

I don't expect my customers to be intimidated. I expect them to be customers if they like the product we have and if not, go elsewhere. WERA isn't a monopoly by a long shot. Lots of other racing out there.

I know how I come across on this forum, and yet the forum grows and until the economy tanked WERA has grown. Again - I treat people as they treat me, if they approach me with basic common courtesy they get treated the same. There are 10's of thousands of posts of mine on here that prove so.

3. melch

melch V7 Pusher

Oh believe me I have been sorely dissapointed.

You could never win against me in anything ever.You will lose everytime.Sorry,no malice just fact.You are not mentally or physically capable.

Anyway back to the real issues.I dont want to get in here and upset others.I just wanted you to shape up or shut up.I am all for vintage and the fine people involved in it as well as wera as an entity.Im going back to my van down by the river.

4. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Melch - you need to go elsewhere you have no clue what you are insinuating here and to personally attack someone is just not doing you any good. I get tired of hearing it - Sean is who he is - you come at him and he comes back - as far as calling him a spoiled bitch, you have no clue about his life or background - I'm married to him and I know him better than all of you and trust me when I tell you when he defends WERA he is defending me and if you attack him I fully expect him to tell you how it is. If you are that unhappy you have choices - please take them and go away.

5. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

When treated like a prick one must be one back to get into your thick head. I treat all people with respect unless they have a fat head like you. I just want better for the sport ,is that too much to ask. Joe, I have no problem with the 25. gate fee on std weekend.I have a problem withthe GNF paying the 4 day rate and only being ther for 6 hrs.Mongo knows my bitch there but just said it is too hard for them to give another color for one day.That small potatoes compare to the grid problems. Like I said I feel it would be better to have someone that loves vintage racing run the wv side for a % of the grid.I think jim would be great for the job but may not want any part of it if he's smart.

6. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

At the GNF everyone pays $30.00 - it does not matter how many days you are there. $30.00 is the rider/crew gate fee for the GNF - our gate fees are one of the most reasonable things out there in racing.......corner workers cost the same each day, officials cost the same, track rental is the same, etc. etc.....I really don't think this is a good argument about what is wrong with Vintage racing.

7. phantom 309

you are 100% correct. Would it be posible to have someone that is pssionate for vintage racing over see vintage or is that out of the question?

8. joec

joec brace yourself

dont you race at daytona too? talk about expensive. you have to rent a hotel room for an entire week, even if youre only going to be participating for 2 days. you pay for the pool at the hotel, and probably never use it. i dont get it. no one forces you to go to the gnf. if its too expensive, dont go. maybe wera has nothing to do with the gate procedure. maybe its a track issue. i dunno....i cant afford things in my racing budget, so i dont have them. its whining. thats all there is too it. i probably make less then 95% of the racers out there. ive scraped by on less than 10k a year for years. im not complaining about what it costs. i can always go back to skateboarding. yet i still make it to 6-8 race weekends a season. plenty of other people show up and race. big deal. i mean, are you saying your trophy cost you too much money??? :D:Poke:

9. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

AHRMA is passionate about Vintage Racing and from what I see they have problems too. I think it is not a question of passion about Vintage, I think it is more that there is no way to please everyone - Vintage racing as and of itself makes it difficult to make competitive due to the limitations and availabiity in equipment/parts and to try and bring parity to that is almost impossible, so we try to do the best we can with what we have and more classes will not take care of that problem - neither will two day races and certainly the complainingand insulting will not get anything done either, like Jim said maybe if you give good suggestions that are not self serving and for the good of the sport and not insulting, we might actually get somewhere.......

10. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Dear Czar--No matter what..we all love YOU

11. joec

joec brace yourself

yep!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have done that - and it did not work. We've done it with two different groups of people. Why would we try a failing business model a second time? Just so it can fail again and cause even more bullshit like this?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry but yet again you're lying. This thread had nothing to do with gate fees and you said that's your only gripe - so why did you post "I love it 100% correct and to the point. we only thought ahrma was screwed up.what really sucks is how good it could be with a little work" in response to Dick's post?

There is not a single thing in that first post that has been "resolved", there hasn't been a single thing accomplished in this thread except now you've gotten Evelyne once again to the point of seriously considering nuking Vintage altogether. Congrats Tim, between you an Melch and the OP, you may have done what many other riders have tried and failed to do. No, I'm not joking. We'll decide next week if we're going to run Vintage racing in 2009.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Where does this happen? I don't see it in the USCRA or Skulls List. I'm out at Start/Finish all day during the events, so I don't know about the paddock either.

We have five road racing events tentatively scheduled for next year, including a normal stand alone two day event July 24-25.

15. phantom 309

At least your wife has some whits, you are just a plane jerk. You have never given a shit about vintage anyway.when other ran it the proof is on the grids they don't lie and neither do I. joec You missed my points totally.someone making 10 g a year should be watching out for his money. No I don't stay at a hotel in Daytona Never havenever will. I have friends believe it or not. Good luck with your decition mongo.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That about what I expected of you Tim. More ranting and raving and flat out lies. The grids were not always bigger when the "others" ran it.

It's not my decision, it's Evelyne's. Congrats on being enough of an ass to piss her off.

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

136 posts so far and I think my post along with only 2 others actually make constructive suggestions. Time to grow up fellow racers. Be positive and constructive. If not, I hope this thread gets locked down.

18. phantom 309

Im well known but not for being a ass but what was this toppic about.:) (not always bigger) just most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

well, im not 1oo% privy to the "tanner rule". but i know his 50cc bike was protested. i know who did it. and i know matt doesnt care.

i know we proposed a rule to allow the sumo kitted xr100s race, because there apparently had to be a rule to allow an already eligible bike compete, and the new rule pretty much made all of the existing sumos illegal for the class buy not allowing motox bars or 17" wheels. easily there could have been 10 bikes on the grid. then when they finally ran them the first time, someone had the brilliant idea to run them with the 125's! that wheel part in the interest of a shop in ct who happens to sell the wheels and tires to "set your bike up" for uscra competition as it turns out. (i spoke with the shop owner via email, and he very nicely explained they have good success using 18" wheels and he can sell me everything i need to run int he class even though there was no history of them racing them anywhere, and when i had questions about what tires to use for stock rims, he tried to sell me 18" rims to put avons on them. (thats cheaper than 17's with take offs????) you cant even lace a 16" rear to the front because the rules prohibit it. and you cant run a stock rear rim as thats also illegal) many of us have been racing 100's for several years with already established clubs on the east coast with 17's. you know that. they want clipons on our xr100s. riiight. thats why 2 of them show up.

oh, and lets not forget aaron being told he cant run his ktm in the singles class, even though it was completely legal, because bob dosnt like supermotos. frank smith ran his yamaha many many times with no problems, then aaron shows up with his, and gets the "no thank you".

not to mention complaints about the track, entry fees for vin cel being totally different than any other event, registration taking forever, spotty tech, the loud/not loud weekends, not getting membership info in the mail no news letter. and all of that for 5 events? i mean, it seems with 5 events for a club thats been around for 30 years, that races at only one venue, they would have their shit together a little better.

what goes on up there is tolerated by the locals because, well, it just is. they have nothing else. it makes the complaining about wera look very very minor. really, because it is.

then there is always bitching about a mini. yeah, i realize the race director can make calls about eligibility etc....but you expect that when something does not fit the rules perfectly. disqualifying a perfectly legal bike, a style of bike that have been run many times before, by a favored son of the club, is just bullshit.

i actually like racing up there. but wera is professional. well organized. and timely. you cant deny that.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You drunk?