1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

BTW, I know these aren't expensive, but anyone ever heard of Stauer watches? I'm looking at the 1779 Skeleton and the Flyboy 1916 (think those are the numbers) watches and really love the looks and design.

Anyone dealt with these before? Would be some sweet, cheaper dress watches. I honestly love both of these and at $99 each, may order both next week. Would be great additions to the collection.

Thoughts?

http://www.stauer.com/search/Hot-Picks/4

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The problem is most IWCs are the size of salad plates.

This may shock everyone but I'm not the biggest or tallest person around. Yeah I know, shocking. :D. Big stupid watches don't work for me.

4. devink

devink Well-Known Member

I like your taste. :up:

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Im not watch guy at all but this one is cool looking, and $89 meets my price requirements too. :D Might have to order me one.

7. Knarf Legna

$839 deal on an Aquaracer for next 24 hours over on chronoshark.com.

[​IMG]

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Beat me to it.

9. Knarf Legna

10. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Cool, I check watch.1saleaday.com, and worldofwatches.com also

11. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Im 6'2" weigh 175 lbs, cursed with skinny wrists... I too have problems finding watches that fit good. I just bought the Tissot GP watch... if I want it to fit corretly I have to cut off half the fucking band! Other watches I own are missing half their links! Sucks!
    I like that Tag... and most Tags fit my skinny wrists, I have an older Sport Elegance (Gold & Titanium), had it for 20 years now, still keeps perfect time even though I have not worn it in 15 years!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  12. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Hey watch peeps.

I just got a Tag Heuer promotion from my dealer. It's a gift card for $250 towards any watch under $2000 MSRP or $500 towards any watch over $2001 MSRP. If you are looking at the brand for yourself or a gift, check with your jeweler!

13. random hero

random hero Banned

Hey watch guys, help me out... I'm looking for a rugged, inexpensive watch. I'm hard on them, do shit work in them all day long, and have to wear one 24/7/365... I'm looking for something that will hold up, not have a scratched face in 2 days, and something that look "cool":eek: I like the look of this timex, yes... I said timex e-tide, but it has horrible reviews for being a POS! Throw me a bone, are the luminox's legit? What else is out there...:confused:

EDIT: Needs to be very waterproof, and poly/rubber type band

http://www.timex.com/Timex-E-Tide-Temp-Compass/dp/B000NIR4Z8
    also liked these: http://origowatch.com/catalog.php?cat=4

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like the G-Shocks for super beaters.

15. random hero

random hero Banned

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wegner is a division of Swiss Army/Victorinox I believe... good stuff.

17. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Wenger and Victorinox are independant Swiss Army knife producers. Both have been around for over 100 years.

18. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Google up the Seiko Monster line. Rugged looks, cheap for a quality auto, waterproof, etc. Also, I'd look through the Timex page for some of the less complicated models. There are plenty of cool looking tough watches in there.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've got a DW-6600 ten years old that's been through the hell of several years of outdoor steel rigging and rock tours. Only thing I changed was the band. Still on the original battery!

I hope you watch fairies are happy. Your thread and my lust for carbon fiber drove me to pick up a 2008 Tissot MotoGP T-Race. The one with all the tracks on the bezel. It's about a minute till Misano.:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  20. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

This what I'm running right now. It's a 60mm.

Attached Files: