1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sean, a New Class for 2009?

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Nov 10, 2009.

1. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I no longer qualify.

Nor for this one, either.

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Tell me about it. Do you know how hard it is just walking around the paddock being this dead sexy? Your girl would be sending me flowers for months, I tell ya :D

3. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Formula Fat Boy. I'd be up for that! please, mongo, please?

4. lovinCO

lovinCO Well-Known Member

This class already exists in Utah, the USBA runs Formula 220 GTO.

Their rules spell out the rider weigh-in process if cheating is suspected. :cool:

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'd be in for some FFB! I think I'll have that other sammich now! :D

6. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

personally, i think 220#s sets the bar too low. if I weighed 220, i'd look like a stretched-out version of stickboy, albeit without freckles. 240 is about right...

7. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

i think WERA should allow Ducati 748's to run in LW twins

they really have no good class to run in anymore, they are uncompetitive in HW twins and you can really only run one or two model years for V7

8. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

destroke it

9. gpstar748

a stock 748 is definitely not any faster than an Superbike SV or even, dare I say a SS SV

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Are you smoking crack? A stock 748 is faster than a SS SV.

11. gpstar748

okay then let 748's into LWT SB :)

either way it doesnt matter to me, i dont race one but i used to and always thought they shouldve been allowed in LWT

12. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

That would be a great class. As an 02 R6 rider I probably won't do too many rounds until it fits into a more competitive class. A 40-50 mph speed differential down the straights in some classes is just disheartening. My 02 R6 in stock trim is turning somewhere around 90-95hp trying to race against guys in tuned modern equipment anywhere from 120hp up to 180+hp if you're racing up to the a classes.

13. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

A FFB class will give me less incentive to stay on this treadmill. For the sake of my heart, I would have to decline. So speaketh Buck, PBO.

14. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

[x] would get me out of retirement

:)

15. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I sympathize, but you can buy a ready-to-rumble 03 R6 for tuppins, and it isn't nearly as down on hp.

16. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

But they aren't lightweight...they are middleweight.

My local club has a class for you...its called Formula Thunder...it was based on the Pro Thunder rules.

17. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

THis class is a great idea in the current economy. It also may help with the 3 yr sindrome that most racers do. Once guys get to expert and realize how much money and equipment (talent too) it takes to be competitive....a lot of guys push away from the table and go on to another hobby.
    This class would give guys a place to ride good bikes, that more can afford and not be racing against the great bikes.
    It would also make the market better for guys selling bikes that are 6 or 7 yrs old.

18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

The SV classes, F2, and D classes, etc... are already a good class for this sort of thing. The LW practice sessions are plenty crowded, but for some reason the grids don't seem to match.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because there are 50 million different LW classes already if you include the Vintage stuff. I also don't split it Ex/Nv usually.

20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

That's kind of what I was alluding to, especially in reference to the creation of another LW class.