1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speez

Discussion in 'General' started by lonewrench, Nov 10, 2009.

1. sublime4mylife

sublime4mylife Well-Known Member

I don't think that there are any better riders out there to show American pride. All of those riders are truly stand out people. I used to not like Spies to much when he was with the AMA, but watching all of his interviews in WSBK I think he is a really cool guy. I really wish that Colin could pick up the pace and get some consistant podiums next year and Hayden is a good guy but I just don't know if he will ever be on top ever again.

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I did that at Barber in March or April or so with a video crew.

3. light 3

light 3 the bot

yeah, spies is definitely understanding the bike very quickly. i have a good feeling about him next year.

here are the times from the sessions today:

1 Lorenzo (1’31.939)
    2 Stoner (1’32.195)
    3 Rossi (1’32.528)
    4 Spies (1’32.942)
    5 Hayden (1’32.981)
    6 Pedrosa (1’33.025)
    7 De Puniet (1’33.111)
    8 Kallio (1’33.125)
    9 Capirossi (1’33.211)
    10 Melandri (1’33.326)
    11 Espargaro(1’33.345)
    12 Dovizioso (1’33.546)
    13 Barbera (1’34.206)
    14 Simoncelli (1’34.230)
    15 Bautista (1’34.540)
    16 Aoyama (1’35.261)

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

"Well, I might be faster than you Dani, but don't fret...I mean, this is my 4th day on the bike after all, so I'm really getting used to it now. Don't worry, you'll go faster at some point...probably," said Ben after practice.

Ok, he didn't, but he should have! :)

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Growing up with ben at the track he is a down to earth guy, and I think he has a very good chance at doing the rookie world champ thing again next year. And I also think disalvo should get a shot at a motogp2 ride

6. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

I'm impressed with Hayden.

7. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

im betting he will run consistantly top 5 the first half of the season while he gets more used to the bike, and then he will battle for the podium the last half of the season (if not sooner). rossi will leave yamaha for ducati in 2011 because i doubt they will boot out lorenzo so it will be lorenzo and speeeeeez for the factory yamaha squad in 2011 where he will contend for the title. then nicky has to figure out where he will go when rossi takes his spot.

8. manbearpig

manbearpig Well-Known Member

Spies and Hayden just need to be competative until 2011 when they bring back the bigger bikes. I can't wait to see how Spies will do on a more normal sized bike. Hayden has proved to be alot better on the bigger bikes...

Rossi is the only "adult" sized individual that can beat the smaller guys. Motogp had a picture up before the valencia race of Rossi, stoner, podbot, and spies. Spies looked HUGE compared to those guys. Him and Rossi are about the same height but just look at the necks between the two. Rossi has a pencil neck! Bring on the big boy machines!

9. manbearpig

manbearpig Well-Known Member

Also its great to see Spies so far out ahead of Simoncelli... Everyone was riding his nuts after he finished ahead of an "Off day" Spies in Imola.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Any speculation on how close Ben's bike is to the factory bikes? Wondering if the Tech3 bikes and factory bikes were relatively close for this test session.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Supposedly, they're all very similar. As for the Dani haters, get off it! The guy can eat a cake the size of his head AND he smiled quite a bit after his Valencia victory.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That is sound advice.

13. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

Damn!!! I thought I was bad ass for getting dressed in the dark this morning.....with matching socks!:up:

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

what about Edwards?:confused:

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

who was the blonde that jumped up and down in his garage after he won:wow:? I'm impressed if the elf his hitting that.

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

When I google Dani Pedrosa girlfriend I get this.....

Attached Files:

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The picture on the right, is that the traction control knob on the Bazzaz unit? :D

19. Likety Split

Likety Split registered offender

One second off the fastest time on a new bike, new tires, new team. The boy is a badass!! GO #11. And he WILL podium in 2010....more than once

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I still think it's gonna be Spies vs Edwards next year battling for 5th overall.:clap: