1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Wheel Chock for Truck Bed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Andrewf125, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Andrewf125

Andrewf125 Well-Known Member

Can anyone reommend me a portable wheel chock that does not require any permanent mounting to hold the motorcycle wheel straight during transport?

I came across the EZ chock as a potential solution, but was wondering if there are anymore alternatives? http://www.ezchock.com/

I haul my bike on the back of my truck.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

3. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts Well-Known Member

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

5. Andrewf125

Andrewf125 Well-Known Member

Baxley is too expensive!

HF looks pretty promising.

One thing I observed is that if you ever need to fit two bikes on the truck, you might run into clearance issues.

6. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

I use either of the HF ones. the smaller one i have one bolted to a sqaure of plywood. the other i take the feet off and put it in the middle. for two bikes get the cheap one and put them on ply wood sheets. only trick when getting them out is to stand on the sheet or tie them down.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Baxley was the first,a dn the best. Besides it was designed by a WERA racer to make our lives easier. I use them instead of the ones that "borrowed" his idea

8. sr9004u

sr9004u Well-Known Member

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, the HF is a condor knockoff. I was making them for myself and a couple friends but the HF is about as cheap as the material to make your own. Baxley is much nicer and so's the price.

10. Kontrolled Kaos

Kontrolled Kaos Well-Known Member

+1 on the HF. I have mine mounted to a square piece of metal with rubber feet so it wont slip on concrete. Works nice in my truck too.

11. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Condor works well and the mounting plate is permanent but the chock can be removed without tools.

12. WERA_864

WERA_864 Well-Known Member

I had the condor and never mounted it. Worked great, just put some straps on the rear and you couldent move the bike without moving the bed on the suspension.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Love the baxley and would buy them again if I ever needed too.

14. sqrlnut

sqrlnut Well-Known Member

condor have many styles and are built great, and cheaper than baxley