1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No politics, no religion. Just an IT question

Discussion in 'General' started by Jester13, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

Haven't been around in a while. Haven't had a bike in a while so... I'm looking for an entry level IT job. I know a lot of you around here work for large corporations and I know any large company has an IT division and a helpdesk. I'm looking for a helpdesk position. At a large company I think I have a better chance of getting a foot in the door and at being able to move up with the company rather than having to move to another company to get a promotion. Does anyone have any suggestions as to companies to look at or possibly who they work for and could put me in touch with an IT manager? I'm hoping someone around here can help me get back on the right track, a career track that is, and then, hopefully, that'll lead to being able to get back on two wheels and seeing you guys at the track.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

you have a PM.

3. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

responded. thank you!

4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I used some of the local recruiters last time I looked for a job (long time ago). Will try and find card from last one used.
    EDIT found the recruit's name finally, it was AMT Enterprises, Inc. number then was 770 985 9029

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  5. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

bump.

Fuzzy, thank you, calling them first thing Monday morning.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Check craigslist, usually lots of helpdesk jobs there.

7. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

http://www.turner.com/careers/

the search is horrible. but find Atlanta, look in Information Technology Services (corporate help desk/deskside support) and Internet/Online/New Media (NOC for the internet junk).

-steve

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What Frank said. Seriously, look on craigslist. I was looking for a 2nd part time job and saw several.

9. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

hit the time warner jobs, headed to cl now, thanks for all the info guys!

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Experian's gonna be hiring a boatload of helpdesk peeps over the next coupla years at their north Dallas (actually Allen) call center. It's not IT, but that's the closest thing I know of to your query. Dunno if they have growing CCs in other areas.

11. Jester13

Jester13 Zombo in '08!

At this point a job is a job. I'll see if they're hiring in Atlanta, thank you.