F1 news

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 23, 2009.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23102009/58/todt-elected-fia-president.html

How do the F1 fans here feel about this?

My first thought was.... "As if the FIA already isnt in the back pocket of Ferrari enough already."

But he does seem fair. That being said, I think I would have preferred Ari Vatanen.

A three month old dead sewer rat is a better president than Mosley though, so change is good!

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shumi looks like he's saying "Dude, where's my car?"

3. DrA5

And throw in this little bit of silly season rumour-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8322334.stm

Button/Hamilton/McLaren

I am not a Button fan, but I like this pairing in McLaren. Hamilton will beat Button anyway, so that is not a threat. If I cant have a Kimi/Lewis pairing, Button/Hamilton would work.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I think Todt is a good choice. I think he has the management experience (both with Puegeot and Ferrari) and inside knowledge of the sport is helpful to hopefully avoid some of the "what the hell were they thinking?" kinds of decisions.

Then again, they all seem to get seriously deluded when they get the power... So, who knows?

I don't think he is happy with his treatment at Ferrari as of late, so I don't expect him to be throwing too many softballs their direction.

I think Ari would have been "practical", and while that sounds good on the surface for most organizations, I don't think it is a good logic for the illogical sport of F1.

5. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

I like Button/Hamilton combo. McLaren would have the two smoothest drivers since Jimmy Clark.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Todt will do a great job as president.

As far as Button to McLaren, I know this is going to sound pretty naive considering the way athletes act nowadays with contracts etc., but Jenson was done before Brawn hired him. Where's the loyalty. I'm sure Brawn will have any number of quality drivers beating on his door for the job. I think it would be great to see JPM leave NASCAR and give F1 another shot (fat chance considering the way things have been going for him lately). He wasn't my favorite driver but at least he gave the series some attitude.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The latest rumor is Kyle Bush driving the new US F1 car in 2011!!!
    F1 bumper cars...what an idea!!!

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well, how many left-handed tracks are there in the F1 calendar?

9. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

At this point it doesn't matter who is in that position

10. Mika

Mika Member

i woulda preferred Ari.

11. DrA5

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

13. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

He'll need to lose 50 pounds.

14. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Wait, they're not refueling next year? When did that happen? :down:

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Many many moons ago. Tire warmers in or out now? I've lost track.

16. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Latest I've heard: In. But it's F1 and they could have changed the rules in the last 20 minutes.

17. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Todt is about the only person I can think of that will actually be a step DOWN from the current FIA president, Max Moron.

I would much rather have had Ari Vatanen as the new FIA president.

Hopefully they will quit screwing around with the rules in the name of 'cost savings' and go with a stable set of rules for a few years rather than costing MORE money to adapt to the new 'tweak of the week' that is mandated 'in the name of safety' which has been farcical at best the last few years.

I guess we'll know soon enough......

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I agree, and I like the phrasing. ;)