Sleep studies???

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 12, 2009.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Have any of you ever participated in one? I'm doing one tonight. I guess I'm trying to stop all of the heavy snoring, sleep walking, talking and almost choking to death in my sleep. Just curious to see if any of you have or do experience any of these problems. Of so, have you done anything about it?

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sleep apnea sucks.

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Get ready for the Darth Vader mask.:crackup:

I'm kidding, I can't sleep worth a damn either and probably need the c-pap.

Good luck, and just remember.................................

they're watching you.

4. ya they put me with my machine 2 years ago . you will feel so much better when you wake ! opt for a full face mask , way more comfotable imoa :up:

5. steve b

steve b Well-Known Member

Total turn-off look for your sleeping partner. :Puke: :)

BUT, you'll be healthy, and happier while awake. A CPAP while change your life.

And, your sleeping partner will love you even more. Guaranteed.

6. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

If the test reveals you need a Cpap, get one and us it! It will improve your life and just maybe save it. My wife loves my Cpap as much as I do, she gets to sleep all night now just like I do. CPAPs are turbos for humans.

You may have to try several mask before you find one that works for you, so don't be afraid to ask about other mask options. I use a nasal canual type, no mask covering my nose.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Did a couple of them. Works well

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

they hook a whole bunch of shit to ya (wires and leads) video tape you and tell you if you have erotic dreams they will know, I was too worried about getting wood in my dreams to get any damn sleep.

On the sleep end of it , i woke up 20 something times during the nite amd never got to rem sleep and he said i snore 12 on a 1-10 scale

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I woke up 25-40 times / hour.

The 2nd study with the cpap brought the incidents down to ~7 per hour

And Ive been running a sleep deficit for the better part of a decade

10. Shenanigans

I never went for a 2nd study. he said i would stop breathing ecaus of my snoring but my insurance wouldn't do anything else for me. My ENT doctor says he can give me shots in roof of mouth to harden up my palete(sp) to reduce/stop snoring but it's like $300 and ins don't cover it.

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Damn Gary, that just sounds painful.

12. Shenanigans

he said my throat and roof of mouth would hurt for about 2 weeks. If y'all ever heard me snore you would take up a collection to pay for me to have procedure done..:D I need to hurry and have it done so i can lose some weight LOL

13. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

C=Pap works good,stopped breathing over 60 times,during a study they told me stopping means longer than 10 seconds per time. Get the study,for me if I lost 50 pounds I may not need it but right now it could be a life saver.:up:

14. jdhaasjr

jdhaasjr Trackday junkie

Long term effects of sleep apnea include pulmonary hypertension. It's nasty stuff.

15. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

my dad did it and got the cpap. was def a life changer for him. No snoring and im not afraid hes going to die from it. He used the one that looks like an elephant truck going into your nostrils from above and forces air in.