1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALMS GT2 Laguna Race Finish

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 12, 2009.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If you didnt see it, beg, borrow or steal a copy of this race and at least watch the last ten minutes of the Flying Lizards Porsche battling with the Corvette.

Incredible!!! Although the Porsche should have backed off that last time. If you watched it, you know what time I am talking about.

2. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

damn it, I stopped watching by then

4. DrA5

deFerrin and Fernandez LMP1/2 overall win went right down to the wire also. You know, for being an endurance series, ALMS/LMS has come up with some great races and finishes, be it a 2.5, 4, 12 or 24 hour race......

I love Gil's homage to Jim Hall's Chapparrel Can-Am and Group 7 race cars for his last race also.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I tuned in right at the end for the last 10 or so laps. Man, those 2 cars were dicing. My son and I were both watching intently. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE FINISH! Holy cow! So a guy can get a penalty for using pit out to pass, but the other guy can run someone into the wall and face nothing? Dude in the corvette should have had that race. That's the one thing I really hate about car racing. Passing is almost impossible.

6. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

7. Game

Game zip tie master

8. DrA5

The finish was incredible, but the passes leading up to that were cool too. Splitting the GT40 going into turn 1, passing using the pit out section, traffic playing a role.......It had to be fun right up to 150 yards from the flag.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:wow: so i guess its debateable whether or not the vette meant to give the porsche that little love tap. but running a guy into a wall then spinning him into another wall... not cool. if someone is behind you its legitimate to block, even if that means taking up the whole track. thats racing. but once hes next to you, its not cool to run him into a wall. thats just bad sportsmanship. and i'd be pissed if i was with the vette team.

10. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Wow... looked pretty obvious to me that the Porsche intentionally ran the 'Vette into the wall. Shit happens in racing but damn, that was just dangerous! He should've been DQ'd.

11. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Whoa! Someone should get an asswhoopin for that.

12. random hero

random hero Banned

:stupid: What a joke, running the guy into the wall is complete b.s., sad Lizard gets to keep the win imo.... The vette came from WAY back during the closing stages of the race, was about 1 second a lap faster.... what a shame and poor sportsmanship :down:

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

14. random hero

random hero Banned

How do you figure.. he's the quickest car on track, gets blocked lap after lap, passes using pit lane, gives the spot back, bumps the porsche in the last turn and that's grounds to run the get into the wall and then spun out..... ok:crackhead:

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Yep! :D

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

A 6 liter V8 should not be in the same class as a 3.8 liter flat six. Ridiculous.

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Kinda like a Buell in the "600" class? LOL

It's a PI based class. You would think a GT40 would be faster than a C6 Vette wouldn't you? Yet I saw one get lapped.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

not necessarily. if you put tray batey on an sv650 and me on a motogp bike, he would still lap me :bow::Poke:

19. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Vette is going to mop up GT2 next year. Can't wait!

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The Ford GT is a husband and wife outfit with a third driver. I they're in it more for fun than to win. But gawd I love their car. Best looking one on the track.