1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Kawasaki ZX10R..........

Discussion in 'General' started by vonstallin, Oct 6, 2009.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Are they really claiming 200 hp at the crank for this?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

That's about 178rwhp, not gonna happened.

4. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

YouTube

YouTube video says this bike is developed from Kawi's race bike...
    Didn't know they had a team:Poke:
    ride safe,
    AAron

5. Suburbanrancher

That's what I figured, especially since the only mechanical changes claimed are with the transmission and steering damper. I can't see an altered fairing giving another 10-15 hp over last year :confused:

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:stupid:i call bs. id say 418's estimate is a bit closer. watching that reminded me of something else ive was just wondering about. i know its been in recent years but who was the first to start putting steering dampeners on bikes from the factory and what year? just curious. and do the majority of the squids that will buy these bikes even know what the steeing dampener is for? i mean its great for someone looking to buy a brand new bike looking to convert it to a track bike but most people that buy these new bikes arent looking to do this and a steering dampener really shouldnt be necessary for a streetbike should it? and lets say for the sake of argument that this thing really does crank out 200 rwhp... isnt it sad they the main audience kawi is catering to is to naive to understand that they will never make use of that amount of hp on the street? (or at least they shouldn't)

(p.s.- dont let mongo see this thread!!!) :)

7. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^^ first bike i can remember with a stock damper was the early 2000's suzukis. as for a steering damper on the street, i think it's useful. especially on a traditionally nervous bike like the zx-10. it's easy to get a little greedy with the throttle, get the front wheel up a bit and then come down at a bad angle.... or hit a weird pothole etc... steering dampers are always a good idea, no matter what- street or track. it's about safety.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

thats understandable. my experience on the street is limited and ive never done any even slightly aggressive riding on the street nor have i ever ridden a moderately powerful bigger sportbike on the street (1000cc 4 cylinders). the closest ive come are two triumphs, one 95 daytona super III 900 and a 96 Daytona 1200. these are also my 2 most valued bikes so i take it especially easy on them and save the aggressive riding for the track. i rarely ride on the street period so i really dont have any experience with slightly aggressive riding where the steering dampener may still come in handy. like i said im either wide open on the track or very easy on the street, no experience in between.
    valuable information = learning
    learning + antics and douchebaggery = BBS
    I love this place!!! :D:beer:

9. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

I think late '90s GSXR's/TL's also had stabilizers.

10. Suburbanrancher

Steering dampers/stabilizers have been around a lot longer then you think...there were British bikes such as BSA's that came with 'screw type' stabilizers back in the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 418

418 Expert #59

I think you misunderstood me.

They're claiming 200 crank horsepower. That's in the neighborhood of 178 rear wheel horse power, which is what I was talking about. Neither of those number are gonna happened bone stock, IMHO.

178 crank horsepower? That's much more realistic.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  12. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Maybe they are following in Yamaha's "with Ram-air effect" marketing from when the 2004 R1 came out.

13. yeddy

yeddy Well-Known Member

dude its a steering damper not dampener..............

14. Robert P

Robert P Well-Known Member

its the same bike as the 08 and 09

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

depends on the dyno. I'm sure there is one somewhere that'll say it puts out 250 hp at the rear and can bring puppies back from the dead.

16. evil smile

evil smile Well-Known Member

Apparently their 2011 version is going to be a game changer with some kind of revolutionary engine.... thats why they signed vermulren and are after Burne

17. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

they are making about 175 right now, right on par with an 08 gsxr 1000

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Where are your facts from?

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Steve Martin mentioned something about this on the Magny-Cours pre-race show on OTT.

Something about the thing becoming more "Honda like". I'm betting a big bang motor.

20. Suburbanrancher

Yup, there are a bunch of rumors floating about regarding Kawi obtaining patents for new engine technologies regarding their next generation literbike motor.

Of course, I read this on the interwebs so take it for what its worth.