1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santiago Villa you make some very good points

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Oct 1, 2009.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Hasn't that happened in MotoGP?

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Mmmmmm. Chimichangas. Yum. :D

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ha not a shot at you dude in the least, I was refering to someone complimenting your English and using "you're". Unless thats a big WERA joke that I'm missing, in which case, I feel foolish.

4. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Could be, I thought we were talking about the American national series :rolleyes:

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I know it was off-subject; just wanted to know if I remembered that correctly.

6. Maybe not because they wanted less money, but nationality is often very important in moto gp. It makes sense though, because if a sponsor mainly sells their product or service in a certain country, of course they are going to want a rider from that country. Dorna also wants riders from certain countries, because they want to gain more fans from those countries, and keep the fans that they already have too.

7. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

:up: I´t has been a Joke of another FORUM, I don´t get offended by this unless someone really say this things in a way that they want to start something :Poke:

8. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the whole idea of racers getting paid rides in the U.S. national series based on their citizenship as a factor more important than their ability as a racer is as laughable as it is idiotic and, dare I say, UN-American.

The suggestion that the US sanctioning body has an obligation to protect all those poor, unemployed, U.S. citizen, pro racers against the onslaught of foreigners flooding across the border to steal paid rides is, um how can I say this nicely, too stupid for words to adequately express. Yeah that'll work.

To pollute something as pure and honest as motorcycle racing with xenophobic protectionism and nationalism serves to discredit the very thing you are trying to help. So please stop.

Thank you

9. Been-Jammin

Been-Jammin Nomonyx dominicus

2:03 NSFW. (Tarantino's Grindhouse Trailer)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8cCzltPD6Y

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I laughed too. The irony was priceless. :D
    :crackup:

11. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

What it's referring to made me laugh, but this sentence is pretty damn funny in itself. So innocently self-confirming :D

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Least it didnt say, "cmon u know u all laffed when u realize the irony of the sentance and what the one dude was telling the other dude what he wasnt talkin bout and 4 what means the porpoise. lolz"

13. caferace

caferace No.

Only marginally less coherent. :D

-jim

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That is sooooo twistedly funny that I peed my Nantucket reds! :D

15. caferace

caferace No.

You wetted down your cocks? :wow: :D

-jim

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Roberts, Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Schwantz, Hayden.......am I missing any?

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

KRJR

19. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

Ohhh I have one better, one of the promises of US racing PJ Jacobsen races for an Irish team in the U.S., how about that??

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Whoa...... This is General. Sorry.