Michelin Motorcycle Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way to make set rules, we're going to fake it as we go as much as I hate doing it. The call will be made by a combo of me, Kevin, all the Michelin vendors and Michelin peeps.

2. UAshaggy85

UAshaggy85 Well-Known Member

DUDE! He said run the stupid Brembo's! Gah man i understood him very well.
    He has also said that the tech people will be willing to work with all bike set ups to get you in the races as long as its reasonable! You sir amaze me! :down:

3. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

It would be cool if OTT could be there.:up:

4. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

would adjustable triple trees on a 9 year old bike be reasonable? just got back from the track and don't have alot of time to change them.(two day drive still) but I will if I have to.

5. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

For racers getting to the Michelin Championships at Barber on Friday prior to the event please pull into Lot G (to the left as you come toward credential building and main gates) and wait till 5:00pm when the credential building will open for credentials. Walt Schaeffer will set up in Lot G at noon on Friday to service your tires needs for the weekend. Registration will open in the garage next to tech under the main tower at 7:00am on Saturday.

6. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

thanks for the info,any idea what time the gates will close on fri night if we get there late?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10pm for ticket sales Friday night, if you've already got a wristband by that point the gates are open all night.

8. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

thanks Sean, guess we better get on the road early fri morning.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also FWIW I have an idea on how to get another round of practice on Saturday for those who have never been to the track but I can't promise anything until we get on site and see the number of riders we have. Might do some stuff more combined first thing Saturday morning and not timed, then move into the timed stuff for a second and third round.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Sounds great Sean - see you there!

:D

11. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Why? You puttin on some heels and bringin an umbrella?? :Poke:

12. gixerben

gixerben Well-Known Member

does anyone know how much the gate fee is. i'm going to do the track day on monday, and would like to watch the races on sunday.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$10 I believe, I'll double check and get back to you.

14. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

What about transponders? Bring our own? Or is CCS going to supply them?

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

CCS doesn't use AMB and you aren't required to buy your own?

16. Hawk0589

yup, I ran with them a few months ago when they were at Barber and I didnt have to rent it or buy it. I just had to return it when the day was up.
    And it wasnt AMB.
    Another wierd thing about their rules is in CCS the transponder has to be BEHIND the rider.

17. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ah I see...they use a product from Westhold.

18. Hawk0589

I guess I'll have mine charged and with me anyway, just to be on the safe side.

19. WERA

WERA Administrator

We'l be using the AMB system and they'll be free for this event

20. Hawk0589

Sean? Why arent you logged in as Mongo? I'm freaking out man!

As to the Transponders, I can bring my own yes?