1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honeymoon ideas?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eagle088, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Eagle088

Eagle088 Banned

My wife and I are finally going to take a honeymoon after 2 and a half years of marriage. We never could go anywhere before because of law school. Problem is that we have no idea where to go. Your thoughts on some cool tropical places that you guys have been with good experiences. Maybe something I have not thought of.

Thanks

2. Munch

Munch Well-Known Member

Cayman Islands.

3. FlyinBrian

FlyinBrian Well-Known Member

Motogp in Europe.

4. Chip

Chip Registered

All Inclusive....what ever you do.....all inclusive.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I agree with Chip.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Do that space flight thing in Russia.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If you want to stay in the states, Door County penisula in Wisconsin (http://www.doorcounty.com/) or Sonoma, CA area.

If you want to travel, the island of Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. Stay at the Bitter End Yacht Club (http://www.bvitourism.com/). Or Ixtapa, Mexico.

Sorry Chip, I am not for all inclusive. I like to get "off campus" and experience the local flavor and local restaurants.

8. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

too expensive...Cayman dollar is much higher than our own.

9. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I would take your wife out of the country. She would love that. And if there happens to be a MotoGP race or WSBK race in the country during your stay that would be a great coincidence.

10. nycstripes

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think I answered the same to a similar question here a while back, but I'll keep the same answer and say

Costa Rica

Affordable, similar timezone to avoid jet lag, no standing miltary (politcally stable), violent crime is low (though theft is an issue in most any place), warm water, rainforest, volcanoes, warm water beaches, and so on. Plus they have monkeys. You should try and visit somewhere with monkey's in the wild. :up:

12. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Honeymooned at the Punta Cana resort just a few months ago. We had a great time. The people were great and the resort was very nice. Plenty of off property activities available (snorkel, scuba, zip-lines, fishing, etc.).

Only complaint was the number of children around, but since schools back in session, that shouldn't be a problem.

13. haunter

haunter Well-Known Member

Everything I am hearing out of the feds is that if you go latin america or SE asia, keep your ass on campus.

14. MRA828

MRA828 Well-Known Member

If you're interested in being active on your honeymoon... this is where we went (after 5 days in Sonoma)

http://www.vistaguapa.com/

I highly recommend it. :beer:

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

The Bunny Ranch.

or....

Cabo.

I've spent a lot of time there on surf trips. Dollars go far...the airport is close...great deep sea fishing and interesting shopping....fun night clubs.

http://www.finisterra.com/htdocs/index.html

I think they are doing a free airfare thing right now. Check it out.

16. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

We went all-inclusive for our honeymoon. It definitely made things easy. We went to Aventura Spa Palace, which is one of several "Palace Resorts". I did a crap load of research before settling on this one, and chose this because there are no kids allowed and because it got excellent reviews. We really could not have been happier. Once you figure out the area you would like to go to, look it up on tripadvisor.com - they have an unbelievable amount of reviews on just about any place you could think of.

17. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I hear Malaysia is nice.

19. nycstripes

Excellence Resorts are ADULTS only...might even keep some of the WERA Dungeon members from entering the property...:D