1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does the average race weekend cost?

Discussion in 'General' started by iRide, Sep 7, 2009.

1. slowohioboy344

slowohioboy344 Well-Known Member

I think the $1500-$1800 sounds about right, I can't believe how many people use 1 set of tires. . . Then you have practice days sometimes

2. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

at an ama weekend i spend $2000/$2500 on tires alone. add in other expenses and a close to home race will cost me at least $3500/$4000. travel a little farther and you can add another $500/$1000 a wera race will cost about 3 sets of tires($1500) less. prolly somewhere around $2000 for the weekend. i'm just a dumbass backmarker tho.....what do i know?

3. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Well-Known Member

Add in maintenance and repairs as well...can be as simple as oil, pads, etc...

Getting suspension rebuilt in offseason, possible engine rebuild, etc adds up.

New bodywork, rearsets, clipons, etc from get-offs add up.

Racing 'supplies' (things you may not NEED at a track day but do for racing), like warmers, front stand, race gas, transponder, other misc crap, etc all add up.

If you get into racing, take a picture of your balance sheet so you will be able to look back at the 'good ole days' when you had money.

4. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

I refuse to add up how much I spend when I go to the track or even think about it. Next season I just hope I can make allot of race weekends. I love ridin my sicles. :up:

I'd have change left over if I took a Grand along though. :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Would be less if Mongo would stop raising entrance fees to pay for that RV.

:D

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you can find a buddy or teammate and split the cost it can be done cheaper.

7. mineshaved

mineshaved product of my enviroment

:Poke: haha I need someone to push me so I can push them and we can race....eventually :up:

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Depends on how much money I feel comfortable spending that weekend. If I feel warm and fuzzy:

Travel Gas $200
    Food for the RV $150
    Sprint Entry $155 (3 sprints)
    Endurance Fee to Team $200 (cover everything for the weekend)
    Sprint Race Gas $65
    Genny Gas $40
    Tires $75 (Tires every other race, one of the benefits of 125 racing)
    Gate Fee $20
    Misc stuff you have to run to some country ass Walmart for $50
    Total $955
    So, about $10k a year

My sprint program is a low budget 125 program for 10 events with none being more than 4 hours drive away (5 tracks). My endurance program is top notch with all the best equipment on a good team.

I think I am getting a hell of a bargain for my entertainment dollar.

BTW, the budget is only good if you dont crash or get hurt. Those events change the whole ball game.

9. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Damn what kind of jobs do you guys have to be able to afford $1000-3000K in a weekend?

10. iRide

iRide Well-Known Member

Thats what im thinking...

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

No doubt!!??

My average weekend costs about $600 and thats while buying everyone's used shit. I'm a broke ass full time student/single dad. Hell, I built my race bike for a hair under $2k. lol

12. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

I'm a novice racer with WSMC- I4 600 :

tires (set of good take-offs): $150
    Saturday practice + sunday race fees (1 race) : $140
    Gas (for bike, generator, and car- i trailer my bike with my corolla): ~$50-$70
    Hotel: $50
    Food/Water: $20

Total: $420

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  13. sublime4mylife

sublime4mylife Well-Known Member

I spent (at Willow Springs, for 3 races):
    tires-1200 (1 set of practice take-offs and 2 brand new sets)
    gas-250
    food-50
    racing-180ish
    Total= more than i can afford, that's why is spent the money and am not spending money :) Willow chews up tires really bad though!

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I work for the man.

15. sublime4mylife

sublime4mylife Well-Known Member

dr. go fast, are you riding through turn 4a backwards on your picture? I've never seen a picture riding reverse like that...

16. bardo

bardo Well-Known Member

might be a little less if you got more than 2 miles per gallon in that glorified rape wagon :Poke: :D

17. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

in my avatar i am mid-corner in turn 3. i don't believe they allow the track to be run backwards for safety reasons.

18. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

LOL

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Avg weekend = All_your_money * 1.5 / Number_of_weekends_total

20. Along with other specifics, he also didnt mention if he is currently setup for racing. The monetary values previously mentioned are assuming he already has the proper gear, generator, canopy/chairs, tire warmers, trailer etc.

Hell, for all we know he might not even own a motorcycle. :D

Personally, i spent roughly $1,500 a weekend...but i stay in a hotel (for now, RV coming soon).